Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Google Pay be coming?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a Versa. I got tired of waiting for my bank to pick up fitbit pay and moved to a Samsung Active 2 watch. It functions flawlessly, has at least 10x the apps fitbit has and it's graphics make fitbit's apps look like amateur hour. All that being said, I miss the Fitbit dashboard, something Samsung Health doesn't have. I just got an email that the Google acquisition has gone through and I'm wondering what that means practically? Will Google Pay be coming? Have the apps and selections improved since I was last here a year ago? Does Fitbit now have fall detection/ecg? 

Moderator edit: format.

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

The Sense has ECG; none have fall detection.  No change seen yet from Google acquisition; nobody really knows what it will mean in the future, at least not anybody who would or could say here.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer

Have you ask your bank to add Fitbit pay? 

Best Answer

Numerous times and I waited almost a year after purchasing (hoping) before I jumped ship. I checked again the other evening and it's been a year since I bailed and my bank still isn't listed. Apparently, not enough people use Fitbit Pay for the bank to bother since it's been 2 years now.

Best Answer

It is hard to use Fitbit pay with a bank that doesn't offer for it pay. Fitbit has everything setup. It is now up to the bank, and for the bank, adding fit it pay is no different then adding Google Pay, Samsung Pay, Apple Pay, etc pay. 

However it is still up to the bank to make the first move. 

Best Answer

It's easier to get some other company's tracker/watch than to get banks to add Fitbit Pay, as the original poster found. All three of my credit cards are major, national companies, and have apparently chosen to not support Fitbit Pay. All three support Google Pay, Samsung Pay and Apple Pay. This will be a factor in my next choice of tracker or smartwatch.

Best Answer

@DQKennard is that what your banks told you when you contacted them. 

Google pay, Samsung pay, and Apple pay can not add a bank, your banks had to add these forms of payment. 

The process to add Fitbit to a bank is no different than what your banks did to add these other forms of payment. 

The best thing is for the banks customers to reach out to the their bank and let them know that they want Fitbit pay. 

If enough people reach out, the bank may change their mind. 

Best Answer

But why do Samsung Pay and Apple Pay have a tons of compatible banks around the world? Would it be a better market strategy? Don't get me wrong, Fitbit is a great brand, I like its web dashboard, my old Ionic, but if fitbit do nothing, a lot of users will buy in other brands... Implement Google Pay, implement compatibility with BLE cheast strap, implement anytime access to oximeter... I thought about buying Fitbit Sense, but I bought a Galaxy Watch3...

Best Answer

Both Samsung and Google pay have been around for many more years than fitbit pay. 

It took 3 years before my bank accepted Google pay. 

Even now, Google recommends their users to contact their bank of they do not accept Google pay. 

Best Answer