Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Withings Scale Integration - Occasional But Persistent Discrepancies

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

In the grand scheme of things, this is not a big deal.  But it drives my type-A tendencies up the wall.  🙂

I have a Withings scale, connected to my Fitbit account using the Withings Connection Wizard.  It generally works well.  Every morning I get on the scale.  It uploads my weight and fat percentage to both the Withings website and the Fitbit website.  The problem is that the number that show up on those two sites will sometimes disagree by 0.1, but not always.  And when it happens, it's not a recognizable as a typical "rounding" thing either.

This morning for instance.  The scale read 162.3 pounds and 22.1% fat.  When I look at the numbers on the Withings website, they also show 162.3 pounds and 22.1% fat.  But when I look at the entry on the Fitbit site, it reads 162.2 pounds and 22.0% fat.

Has anyone else run into this?  Is it a known issue?  Admittedly, this isn't going to throw off my fitness goals or anything like that.  But it does tend to drive me up the wall.  🙂

Pat

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Withings (and other 3rd party app developers) use Fitbit's open API to pull and transfer data bwetween the accounts. Fitbit does not control how this is done. You would need to ask over at Withings as to why this might be happening.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Withings (and other 3rd party app developers) use Fitbit's open API to pull and transfer data bwetween the accounts. Fitbit does not control how this is done. You would need to ask over at Withings as to why this might be happening.

Best Answer

Gotcha.  Will give that a try.  Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi I am thinking about getting the withings body scale and when you integrate it with the fitbit app, does it transfer only weight & body fat % data across? Does it also transfer the water %, bone mass %, muscle % to the fitbit app? Or is there a way of doing so?

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes