Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong time for entries sent to Health Connect

ANSWERED

Hi, I just purchased Charge 6. I want to sync my activity data to Google Fit via Health Connect (Beta).

I'm however having the strangest issue that all entries from the Fitbit app are sent to Health Connect with incorrect timestamp (timezone?). All entries are shifted by 9 hours into the future.

What I mean is... let's say it's 9am my local time (GMT+2, Prague, Czech Republic) and I do 50 steps. Those 50 steps will be sent to Health Connect as expected, but the timestamp there will be 6pm. I can check the timestamps by opening "Health Connect", then going to "Data and access > Activity > Steps > See all entries". There I'm seeing the steps entries sent by Fitbit. All are timestamped incorrectly with the +9 hours offset.

This means the data in Google Fit is ultimately out of sync by 9 hours.

I don't really know what to do. This is what I tried:

• Manually set the correct timezone in the Fitbit app.
  • Manually set the correct location in the Fitbit app.
  • Let Fitbit detect timezone automatically.
  • Let Fitbit detect location automatically.
  • Change the timezone from Prague to another city with the same offset.
  • Reinstall the Fitbit app.
  • Reinstall the Health Connect app.

Anyone can help, please?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Confirmed. Clearing app data and cache helped resolve the timezone issue for me. The Health Connect entries are timestamped correctly and all of my activity is correctly mirrored into Google Fit through Health Connect.

I believe the required steps in my case were:

• Install the Fitbit app.
  • Go through the setup process for the first time.
  • Check that your time zone is correct both in the Fitbit app and on fitbit.com.
  • Clear data + cache of the Fitbit app on the phone.
  • Go through the setup process in the Fitbit app again.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Uninstall and reinstall didn't work, but I seem to have at least partially resolved the issue by deleting the Fitbit application data in Android, then going through the set up steps again.

App info > Storage > Clear data + Clear cache (Huawei phone, can be different on other phones)

Now my steps are synced to Health Connect with a correct time and date. Google Fit still displays slightly different numbers, but I think that's a remnant of the previously incorrect data. I'll check it tomorrow.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Confirmed. Clearing app data and cache helped resolve the timezone issue for me. The Health Connect entries are timestamped correctly and all of my activity is correctly mirrored into Google Fit through Health Connect.

I believe the required steps in my case were:

• Install the Fitbit app.
  • Go through the setup process for the first time.
  • Check that your time zone is correct both in the Fitbit app and on fitbit.com.
  • Clear data + cache of the Fitbit app on the phone.
  • Go through the setup process in the Fitbit app again.
Best Answer
0 Votes