Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yunmai

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
My new BMR, body fat, etc scale. Supposed to interface with Fitbit, but it's not listed?
Best Answer
0 Votes
38 REPLIES 38

This works - also has an option to change to english weight (vice Metric)

Best Answer
0 Votes

On Yunmai home page (on your phone), go to "Me" at bottom. 

Go to <user settings>

Connect to fitbit You will probably have to sign in to Fitbit app, even if you are signed in already.

Best Answer
Go to Yunmai App
click the little "me" icon on the bottom right
user settings
connect to fitbit
Best Answer

looks like a conversion error in the units from kg to kg rather than lbs.  83kg ~ 183lbs, so I'm guessing that the "kg" units got carried over incorrectly

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi There

I recently purchased the Yunmai.  I like the scale it synchronizes instantly with it's own app and with google fit.  However, I am not able to get the scale to send the weight to fitbit.   I have slid the little bar over and clicked on allow.  I do not know why it is not sending the data to fitbit.

Anyone?

I will next contact Yunmai as well.

I also have Myfitnesspal, and Sparkpeople so I am trying to sync circuitously but with no success.  Only a sync to google fit works so far and it works very well there.

Maureen

Best Answer
Go to YUNMAI
"Me"
"User settings"
"Connect to Fitbit "
Best Answer
0 Votes

Did that. Many times with force quits and reboots. In my fitbit settings, yunmai is showing up as an app that has writing access, but so far it has not done so. I have even tried to revoke the access and do it all over again. No luck.

Thanks for any solution. Perhaps there is an intermediary app that can get the info to fitbit in a roundabout way? I am on an android phone

Best Answer

I'm having exactly  the same issue 😣

Best Answer

I found an oddity when I set mine up with an iPhone, not sure if the same issue might come up with android, but worth passing along just in case.  If you have previously entered weight manually on your phone, then it might be interfering with your ability to see the Yunmai data on the Dashboard.  The way I fixed it was to go to the Dashboard online, click on the weight tile, and then click on the "More Data" tab at the bottom.  Inside you should see "Measurement History" as one of the tiles.  What happened to me was my iPhone kept writing its manually entered value at the top of those values, even though the Yunmai data was newer.  If you click the "X" on the right to delete that top manual entry, I then had no trouble getting the Yunmai afterwards.

One last thought - be sure that your Yunmai app indicates that it is connected before using the scale, and then stay on the scale until all the data is transferred (you will see all the different body measurements come up in the app). It may not transfer data to FitBit until it has a full complement of data to send

Good Luck

Best Answer

Thanks XanderT.  This looked like it had some promise.  I went to my Fitbit dashboard on my laptop, clicked on the bottom of the weight tile to see 'more'.  I loaded up every single weight I'd ever entered manually, thinking the yunmai weights might be at the bottom.  NOPE!  They are not there.

Another problem I had was when I tried to slide the green 'connect to fitbit' or 'connect to google fit' bar back and forth, the Yunmai app eventually froze up and stopped sending me over to fitbit (or my google account) to the permission page.  What I had to do to give it another try was uninstall both the fitbit and the yunmai apps.  

I think this problem may have something to do with:

1.  the strength of the batteries in the scale: The free ones yunmai sent died yesterday after only one day and the ones I replaced them with were rechargables which may not have contained a full charge, but were the only AAAs in the house.  I am charging them up now, so we'll see what happens in 6 hours.

2.  It may be a battle of the bluetooth.  I know bluetooth can only connect to one thing at a time.  But, I do not think this is the problem.

3.  Yunmai also insisted that I check that I had given the Yunmai app permission to see my phone's location.  So perhaps on one of my earlier tries my phone location may have been disabled or something.  Plus when I reinstalled my fitbit app, it asked for phone location permission too.  Dunno.

As I said, I love the scale and I hope that the problem is simply number 1  - they sent poor quality batteries and I put in ones that were poorly charged to replace them. 

Yunmai has offered to give me a partial refund (very nice considering that the scale still seems to be working), or to send me a brand new scale  (which I am doubtful will solve the problem, as I  would have guessed this to be an App problem, though perhaps I am wrong on that theory and maybe it IS a scale problem).  So, I wrote back asking if I could send them the difference to upgrade to get their latest model of scale which uses wi-fi as well as bluetooth, which must make this process easier..

Thanks for the help.  Anyone having a definitive solution, please pass it along!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unfortunately fresh batteries made no difference.  Scratch number one from my previous post.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This helped me , it worked for me thanks!

Best Answer

click account setting at the browser after you slide connect to fitbit ; 

"You can revoke this consent at any time in your Fitbit account settings"

you should see yunmai app listed in your Fitbit My Applications.

Mine didnt work at first. after clicking account settings, i leave the browser open and then try sliding the "connect to fitbit button". After that, yunmai app was listed in my Fitbit My Applications.

Hope this would help

Best Answer

Greetings everyone!

It's great to see that you guys have sorted this out. This is what the community is all about; sharing solutions and knowledge to help other users. Keep it up Fitbitters!

Also, I'd like to invite you to our Lifestyle Discussion Forums. There are lots of interesting topics; my favorite is "Eat Well" since I love food! Heart

Catch you later!

Mariam | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone!

I could get the integration between Yunmai and FitBit to work, but I'm afraid body composition data are not being completely sent to FitBit ? I see my weight, lean mass and fat %. Does fit bit show other stats, like bone mass, water %, protein, etc collected by Yunmai app ? I could not find such details in my FitBit weight details.

Regards,

Otmar

Best Answer
0 Votes

What info transfers from yunmai to Fitbit? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@FeliciaAthanks for joining us in this thread. I have found the answer to your question in a post by my friend @RobertoME. Check it out here!

Let me know if I can help answer any other questionsSmiley Happy I'll be around!

Mariam | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I'm facing the same issue. Did you find a solution?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve tried everything and cannot get the Yunmai to synchronize with FITBIT or any other app. I’ve given up and gone back to using my ARIA for syncing purposes. 

Best Answer
0 Votes