Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zwift rides via Strava not syncing with Fitbit

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Strava and Fitbit talk to each other just fine after an outdoor ride, but when I do a zwift indoor ride, Strava logs it fine, but Fitbit won't pick it up.  

I saw another thread from over a year ago but Fitbit still hasn't done anything.  

Any updates?

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity.

Pixel XL Oreo Ionic Airpods
Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Hello @SimonRJ, good to see you around and this is an interest questions you have brought to my attention.

Despite Strava is compatible with your Fitbit account and is able to recognized your Zwift indoor ride. Your Fitbit account is not able to recognized virtual rides and neither is compatible with Zwift. This is the reason why your exercises logged in Strava coming from Zwift are not visible in your Fitbit Dashboard.

Strava updated the compatibility to received virtual rides, but the integration with other services like your Fitbit account were not updated since this option was implemented. However in this case Fitbit doesn't own or maintain third party integrations. It's up to the owner of the third party app to implement or update features for their app. You can find more details in our Third Party Apps - FAQ.

Also feel free to contact Strava Support to learn more details about this matter and future updates.

Hope this information helps. For more questions feel free to keep me posted.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer

Is this still the case? I mainly use Zwift and was looking to switch over to a Fitbit Charge 3 from a Garmin Vivoactive 3. I would love that my rides show in Fitbit, especially now with so many people using Zwift primarily. Thanks! 

Best Answer

I have been considering switching from Garmin to Fitbit myself, so just chatted with customer service about this very topic as I ride a lot on Zwift, and unfortunately got this response:

"Thank you for patiently waiting. Upon checking our system, I was able to confirm that virtual rides still don't sync with Fitbit.

Nonetheless, we're still working on additional features to be able to capture this."

But this work has been going on for 2+ years...

Best Answer

There is a feature suggestion to integrate Zwift with fitbit. You can vote on it here

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Zwift-Integration/idc-p/3232585#M200827

Best Answer
0 Votes