Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fitbit data not syncing to third party app if sync done via mobile app. works ok with desktop app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

hi

I have a charge2 and I actively use a third-party app that integrated with fitbit. The data sync (device ->fitbit mobile app-> third-party app) has worked fine for a many months. But for the last month or so, the device sync (device ->fitbit mobile app) was not resulting in third-party app sync (fitbit mobile app-> third-party app). I have been trying to figure why. When I finally installed the desktop fitbit app and sync-ed my charge2, BOOM ! it just reflected straightaway on the third-party app !

any leads on why this happens ? is there any experiment I can do with the mobile app to get it to work ?

Update#1- when the third-party app sync did resume working as expected, it still did not sync the days of data when it was broken. ie. if the third-party app saw data of monday and then this issue hit me and i figured out the workaroud on wednseday then the third-party app sees data starting wednesday, seemingly losing notification to 3rd party app for tuesday

thanks

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

@mishal153 Welcome! Thanks for being part of our Community! Sorry to hear about your syncing issues with your Fitbit app. The sync with third party apps is handled by the Fitbit servers so regardless what you use to sync your tracker with it should sync. There are time where the link is lost so re- enabling them could fix this issue and this may have happened when you setup the Fitbit app on your computer. You can revoke the access on the Fitbit's website dashboard the relink them and see how they behave.

I also moved your post to the correct board.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @AlvaroFitbit,

I'm having the same issue with sync data from Fitbit system with third-party.
I connected with Strava, Tactio, MyFitnessPal.
I tried revoke and grant the access on mobile app and web site many time. But it still happen.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Fjknat Welcome! Thanks for being part of our Community! Sorry to hear that your apps aren't syncing with your Fibit account and for the delay in my reply. Make sure all your apps are up to date. Also did you remove the Fitbit app from the other apps account? Make sure you are removing the apps from both side (Fitbit and the other app's side).

Keep me posted!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

(I just added update#1 to the description)

Around update#1, is there a way to trigger a re-sync with the third-party app for certain days in this sort of a situation ? either some trick from the app or via support ?

Best Answer
0 Votes