Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

jayPS gps app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

has anyone used the jayPS gps app?  It records nicely...speed, distance, altitude etc but I can not work out how to get the data recorded off the ionic and onto phone.  Has anyone been able to do this?

thanks

john

Best Answer
0 Votes
10 REPLIES 10

@jcwerth Welcome to the Fitbit family! Do you mean you want to see that data on the Fitbit app?

JayPS is a third-party app that was not developed by Fitbit. For this reason, the data that you see on the JayPS app for Ionic is on-device data only and it is not possible to transfer/sync that data to the Fitbit dashboard.

Hope this helps. Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Where can i upload JayPS data? Strava?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@dragi77 Welcome to the Fitbit family! Yes! It seems you can upload JayPS data to Strava and Runkeeper as well! I recommend doing a little bit more research just to be sure. Research I made pointed me to that! 

Try that out and let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, 

thanks for the  replies. I also assumed data could be loaded to apps such as run keeper.  The description of app (in the Fitbit app) mentioned an app called “Map My Tracks”.  I downloaded the app onto my phone...but do not know how to get the gps data from the Ionic to the app.

i tried looking for a support website but did not find one.  I also tweeted @JayPSdev, but have not heard anything.

so my question is twofold now...is,there a support website for the app and how do I get the data from Ionic to the app on the phone.

thanks

john

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, just enable the "sync with map my track" setting in JayPS settings in Fitbit app manager. It will ulload a workout to your account.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

thanks for that.  My Fitbit app only has ‘live map my tracks’, not syncing.  I can’t get that to work either.

some basic instructions from JayPS would,be helpful.

john

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would like to see the option to display Standard Units (MPH and elevation in feet).

Best Answer

Well I tried it recently but it did not sync, as you wrote. Looks like it's a very alpha version.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi.

I have the same problem. Maybe er have to uppgrade ny Mao tracs

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did tweet JayPs and he/she acknowledged my request for adding MPH and feet in elevation. You can tweet @JayPS_Dev

(BTW please vote for my recommendation to FitBit to improve the hiking fitness app)

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Elevation-info-needed-for-the-Hiking-App-for-Ion...

Best Answer