Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mfp vs loseit

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

howdy folks,

i started using mfp in 2012.  somewhere along the way i switched to loseit.  probably because i had a windows phone.  now i kinda go back and forth between the 2.  i think mfp is much fresher and more widely used.  the forums seem more used and better organized.  i still like the loseit app probably because it's so familiar.  which do you use and why?  i think i'm going to eliminate one or the other but need peoples opinions.

thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@RobertoME wrote:

Hello @dadsafrantic, good to see you again in the Fitbit Community. I can understand this decision is hard since both integrations has different functionalities. In my personal experience  I prefer to use MFP to log food since the food data base is more complete and for exercise, I exclusively used my Fitbit account. The reason of this is because MFP has an additional point in its favors, since it allows to sync back and forth exercises with Fitbit in comparison to LoseIt. 

LoseIt only shares the following information with Fitbit:

Fitbit > Calories > LoseIt
Fitbit > Aria measurements > LoseIt
LoseIt > Food > Fitbit

Although this will depend of which app you prefer to use. For more details perhaps the following post might be of your help to learn more about integrations: Third Party Apps - Informational Post.

Hope this helps, let me know if you have additional questions.

i see your point.  i think i like loseit more and will use it.  i also like endomondo and have used that when the dog was at home.  he comes home from the breeder in  the spring with a new gf.  that will probably add another 90 miles per month.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Hello @dadsafrantic, good to see you again in the Fitbit Community. I understand this decision is hard since both integrations has different functionalities. In my personal experience  I prefer to use MFP to log food since the food data base is more complete and for exercise, I exclusively used my Fitbit account. The reason of this is because MFP has an additional point in its favors, since it allows to sync back and forth exercises with Fitbit in comparison to LoseIt. 

LoseIt > Food > Fitbit

Although this will depend of which app you prefer to use. For more details perhaps the following post might be of your help to learn more about integrations: Third Party Apps - Informational Post.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@RobertoME wrote:

Hello @dadsafrantic, good to see you again in the Fitbit Community. I can understand this decision is hard since both integrations has different functionalities. In my personal experience  I prefer to use MFP to log food since the food data base is more complete and for exercise, I exclusively used my Fitbit account. The reason of this is because MFP has an additional point in its favors, since it allows to sync back and forth exercises with Fitbit in comparison to LoseIt. 

LoseIt > Food > Fitbit

i see your point.  i think i like loseit more and will use it.  i also like endomondo and have used that when the dog was at home.  he comes home from the breeder in  the spring with a new gf.  that will probably add another 90 miles per month.

Best Answer