Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

syncing Fitbit - Strava only one direction (Strava to Fitbit)

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello!

I have a problem with syncing Fitbit - Strava. I really hope someone can give me some advice...
I did what's said on this page: http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1727
I only don't seem to manage how to use my Charge 2 in the most easy way.

Recently, I started a run with pushing the button on my Fitbit Charge 2. The run did not synct to Strava.

The next run I had, was started with the Charge 2, and also with the Strava app on my iPhone. That night I had 1 activity in Strava, but 2 in Fitbit (one from the Charge 2 and one recorded by Strava). 

I'm guessing that Strava syncs to Fitbit, but it seems it doesn't work the other way.

I hoped that is was possible to sync from Fitbit to Strava also (easier to press the button on the watch then to aim for the recordbutton on the screen while starting a run).

I already tried to revoke the access, and started it again. I turned off and on the Charge 2. Bluetooth is always on. The first run (just recorded by Fitbit/Charge 2) just won't appaer in Strava. I don't understand why. 

On this page (https://support.strava.com/hc/en-us/articles/216918087-Syncing-between-Strava-and-Fitbit) is written: 

• Activities recorded with the Fitbit Surge will sync to Strava automatically

Why isn't it working with my Fitbit-Strava connection?

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

I'm not a Strava user so can't be sure but this help file ( https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1727/ ) suggests that non-GPS activities do not sync from fitbit to Strava. Was your fitbit tracked run using connected GPS?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you very much for the help!

The problem is not what I expected to be... It seems it was just because I was running with the battery from my phone on the energy saving mode. The apps aren't refreshed in the backround in the energy saving mode. So I did not have a gps connection.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SteveH That's correct, I think -  it's been my experience that non-GPS activities don't sync to Strava, period. I used to have to manually enter my treadmill runs recorded with my running watch (a Suunto) because treadmill mode on the watch didn't collect GPS data. (My latest treadmill run did sync, with my new Suunto, though as a "workout" rather than a run...).

Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever had anything from Fitbit sync to Strava; of course, none of the workouts I've done with my new Charge 2 had GPS data associated with them. Hmmm, maybe I'll take my phone on my next workout and do the Connect GPS thing and see what happens!

@CCBEL I too have my runs showing up twice (once from Fitbit, once from Strava) in my Fitbit activities log. I've actually created a message topic about that, just below. I don't suppose it really matters, because the steps and calories aren't being double-counted, but it is a little strange.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Damatu75 In my case, I found the solution to use it the way it should be. This is what I did: I started Strava on my phone, but I did not record my run with Strava. It's just because the Charge 2 needs the gps connection. Of course my phone wasn't in the energy saving mode.

When I saw Strava had the gps connection, I started the run with my watch.

After the run, I had one activity in Fitbit with gps locations, and that run showed up in Strava. Because I did not record with Strava, there was also only one activity there.

So, in my case, problem solved! 😉

Best Answer
0 Votes