Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 3 Coach app keeps trying to install

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Versa 3 keeps trying to install Coach app. I have 4 times factory reset the watch, uninstalled and reinstalled the Fitbit app and set up the watch as a new device. It is still trying to install the Coach App. Any ideas?

Best Answer
235 REPLIES 235

The Fitbit  Versa 3 is under 1 year old and they must all still be under warranty.

Why is Fitbit not replacing the faulty watches or upgrading all of them to the Fitbit Sense that does not seem to have the 'coach app keeps trying to install' problem.

Best Answer

I purchased my V3 November 28, 2020, and it took a few days to receive it, so I'm THOROUGHLY p'd off about this. (I had the original Versa, which wasn't very old, and it quit working. No response from them on that one, that's why I just upgraded to the new one. Now I completely regret that!!!!!)

Best Answer

Hi everyone, 

Thank you for sharing your experience while installing the Fitbit Coach app. I see where your disappointment is coming from. 

I'm glad to announce that this issue has been resolved. As mentioned previously, make sure that your Fitbit device and app are up-to-date to ensure everything works as expected. 

See you around. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

How is this marked as answered?

My Versa 3 is up to date and the app is also up to date and yet I’m still seeing the error message that it has failed to install the coaching app! 

If this isn’t resolved soon then I may just go through with a warranty replacement, as clearly the device isn’t operating as advertised. With the increased battery drainage on our devices due to this error, we are clearly decreasing the life of our devices anyway. 

Best Answer

This is absolutely not correct—the latest update available for me in the Play store is 6/26/21, which I have installed and the is issue is still present. My Versa 3 is up to date.

The problem still exists.

Best Answer

Can’t see any updates yet, either on device or in app.  When are we likely to receive them?

Best Answer

Still no update for the app or firmware.  Can we all have replacement watches please as there is no solution to the problem.

Best Answer

I have done same set my watch back to factory settings uninstalled the app and set all back up and still same issue and all up to date on the updates on both phone and watch. It only happened since the last update was ok up to that. Sick of Fitbit if it’s not the straps on the versa that keep snapping it’s this. Wish I’d bought a different watch 

I have just checked and lo and behold the coach app is still there doing what it’s always been doing trying to update and when it realises it’s taking too long gives message saying it can’t update. So how is this resolved may I ask 

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

It has not been resolved for me yet. Please, will an update be released soon?

Best Answer

Nope, still not working for me. 

D03323B5-F777-4C38-8DE7-6C1616FFB042.jpeg

Best Answer

It is just not OK to pretend that the issue is resolved and then marking this as the best answer. The issue still exists and requires a solution.

Best Answer

Mine IS up to date. Coach app STILL trying to install. 🙄

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @SilviaFitbit,

it is quite disappointing to see that a moderator posted an answer saying that everything is solved and instantly mark it as best answer.

It is even more disappointing because several people seems not to have received any update with the fix yet (it will be a Fitbit App update or a device firmware update? Or maybe we nee dto look in the device app section of the Fitbit app to have it fixed).

So, if you really believe that this is the best answer, please give us an existamtion of when this update will reach the market.

Sorry, but this is not the way to behave with customers.

Regards.

Best Answer

@SilviaFitbit No, this issue has not been solved I’m afraid.

From where did you get that information may I ask?

Best Answer

@SilviaFitbit My Versa 3 is still trying to update the Coach app, too. It's not getting done, even after performing all proposals in this thread.

The issue is still not fixed for me!

Best Answer

I've had two emails from Fitbit this week: the first encouraged me to connect my watch to wifi to solve the problem.  I don't have the coach app on my watch - it only exists on my phone in the app.  I told them I was disappointed with their response, bearing in mind this is a known issue, and they've even claimed to have fixed it on this forum, but nothing has changed.  I said it seemed like they weren't bothered.

The second email said 'we're aware of the issue and we're working to identify a resolution as quickly as possible'.  I received this email this morning.

Which is strange, because Silvia claims it's already sorted!

Best Answer
They don’t give a hoot got our money when we got phone so that’s all they are interested in

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Having the same issue.

Hello 

My versa 3 says that the software is up to date (3.43.1) (1057)) but the coach app is still trying to download  even though I have selected  "later" to the "continue installing" dialogue box .... this has now been going on for weeks !!!

For me, the above solution designated "best answer" clearly isn't  as it has not solved the problem 

Perhaps there is another firmware update ??

Please could FITBIT devote some urgent time to resolving this extremely annoying issue and providing a solution that works 

Thanks in anticipation.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

Mine still tries to update 24/7 and it’s killing my battery.

Sort it out Fitbit!!

Best Answer

Called tech support and they just had me uninstall and reinstall the app and opened a case. The most recent firmware removed the coach app from the watch. coach is still trying to update I assume because the app is no longer on the watch. The only resolution is most likely another firmware update.

Best Answer