Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 3 GPS connectivity issues

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Versa 3 GPS not working properly.  Brand new Versa 3 GPS takes several minutes to connect for a run workout. Then sporadically disconnects throughout the run. Fitbit and app are completely updated. Logged out/in. Followed all the “solutions” provided on forums. Still does not work. I know I don’t run a 12 minute mile. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hello there, @grahamman80. It's nice to see you around the Community Forums. Thanks for trying to troubleshoot the issue with your Versa 3 before reaching out. I understand where your concern is coming from and how you must be feeling. 

Please note that if you're in a new location farther away from where you normally run, it may take a few minutes to connect.

With that being said, I'd like to know if you've recently changed your normally location? How long do you wait for the GPS signal to connect? If you've noticed it's less than 5 minutes, please let your watch try to connect for at least 5 minutes before cancelling the exercise. Your Versa 3 will continue to try connecting and you can go about your run.

Also, please make sure your Versa 3 meets the requirements for connecting to GPS. For more information, see Why isn't GPS working on my Fitbit device?

Moreover, please be advised that environmental factors, including tall buildings, dense forest, steep hills, and thick cloud cover, can interfere with your device’s ability to connect to GPS satellites. If the signal is blocked—either because you're indoors, underground, or due to another reason—GPS won't work.

Hope this helps. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes
My “new” location? The “requirements” for GPS? Seriously? It shouldn’t take
5 minutes for the GPS to connect. My Versa 2 never had any GPS issues
regardless of my location.

This is purely an issue with functionality of the Versa 3. Not location or
requirements. After reading through all the online forums and responses
it’s clear that Fitbit has zero accountability. This device model should
not have been approved for sale. A waste of $180.
Best Answer
0 Votes