Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't connect to Google Wallet on Versa 4

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Screenshot_20230402_094149_Google Play services.jpg

I tried restarting my Fitbit Watch, restarting phone, clearing Fitbit App cache, managing 3rd party apps & adding Google, literally tried everything and I still get the message "can't connect to Google Wallet". Very disappointing as this is the reason why I purchased the watch. I would welcome any help with this.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
31 REPLIES 31

Just spent almost an hour with live support chat trying to fix it but still doesn't work.  I did everything you did also.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unable to connect to Google wallet, have tried reinstalling app, factory resetting Versa 4, reconnecting Bluetooth fully, over WiFi connection but nothing has worked.

Best Answer

What's the point of getting a watch for 2-300$ just to go backwards. They need to fix wallet and bring back 3rd party apps at the next update

Best Answer

I just bought the versa 4 and Google wallet does not work.  In fact I think that I got a card insert into it but nothing happens and I cannot open the wallet to check.  Just a black screen!!

Best Answer

Unless they fix the Google wallet and fix the 3rd party apps this watch isn't worth 300$

Best Answer

I opened google wallet from fitbit mobile app then i added my debit card to my versa 4 watch and this was successful

however since then i am not able to open google wallet again from fitbit mobile app (in order to add other cards to the watch). I tried to restart the watch few times but still same problem

Any idea about this please ?

BR

Mahmoud

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am not able to connect my Versa 4 to Google wallet why it's working. Error connecting to Versa 4

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes

So I’m going around in circles trying to add my NAB bank visa credit card to the Fitbit app wallet for my new Versa 4 after upgrading from a Versa 2. It tells me “Uh oh! Looks like we don't support this card for use with Fitbit Pay.

Tap below to see supported banks and cards. If you feel this is an error, please contact the card issuer” 

NAB Visa card is supported according to the list and I’ve had my Visa card on the app previously. I’ve deleted the app, reset my IPhone 12 numerous times, turned Bluetooth on and off and it just won’t work. Did it over wifi & mobile data. I’ve tried at least 10 times and I even tried a different credit card, Macquarie Mastercard, but the same issue and it is supported bank & card, but got the same message. I’m at a loss as to what to do. Any ideas?

(by the way I did have it added originally but couldn’t get the SMS, so don’t know why it now gives me this unsupported rubbish). 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there,
So, my wife just got a Versa4 - mainly because of the ability of using google pay but she is not able to add her card. A quick google search only reveals a handful of similar experiences, where some have cards from multiple banks and one of them simply wont add - no one have gotten a solution (or at least shared it) from what I've been able to find.
My wife did notice one thing when trying to configure google pay / wallet in the fitbit app - when she comes to the final screen to accept the terms, in the first line it states "Fitbit pay" and NOT "Google Pay" - and we know that our bank, does not support fitbit pay, so our theory is that even though it's the google pay/wallet app that has been open in the fitbit app, it actually utlizes fitbit pay still which would indeed explain the reason behind the failure.
She have set up google pay on her android phone already without any issues.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@maysobano mind that even if Google Wallet supports your bank (on the mobile phone) it doesn't mean that Fitbit's Google Wallet will. For example, I can use my HSBC card with Google Wallet on the phone but can't use it with Fitbit's version of Google Wallet (they are not the same products).

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been having the same issue. So they aren't the same and there's actually a lot of exclusions? On the list of supported banks for google wallet on fitbit's site, it shows my bank and card though. So I guess that's just for Google Wallet in general but not exactly FB Google Wallet even though it's on fitbit's site. I was wondering if it had anything to do with "Versa 4" not showing under my bluetooth icon in my quick panel on my galaxy s20 unlike how my Pixel Watch was constantly displayed.

Screenshot_20230511_114309_One UI Home.jpg

https://www.fitbit.com/global/us/technology/google-apps/banks

Best Answer
0 Votes

When I setup Google Pay for the Versa 4, Google simply added my cards attached to the Google pay on the phone. It was very easy 

However I noticed that when I, for the Versa 4, setup a card it set up the card through Fitbit Pay. Not the Google Pay that I choose. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone, and a warm welcome to our new members.

Let me share that some of your posts were merged into this thread related to the issues experienced with the Google Wallet app on the Versa 4.

Thanks for the details and screenshots provided, as well as the steps tried prior to posting. I've gone ahead and reported this to our team so they can investigate this situation. Your feedback is appreciated, and this thread will be updated as soon as I receive more information.

Best Answer

Looks like the issue described above has been going in since September. 

Is there a fix for this?

Just spent a few hours on the phone with both Google and Fitbit, and it seems there's no solution. My versa 3 worked just fine... so into the trash the versa 4 goes! 

Moderator Edit: Word choice

Best Answer

@Scheiny Welcome on board.

Thanks for joining this thread and i'm sorry you're having this experience with your Versa 4. As mentioned before, our team is aware of this situation and they're further investigating.

I appreciate your feedback and while I don't have a time frame for the fix, rest assured I'll update this thread once I have more details.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi LizzFitbit,

I am having the same issues and was given a case number by live chat, but no indication of a timeframe.

It looks like this has been going on for months, has the issue been officially recognised by Fitbit? Is there a way we can track the progress of this issue? 

Many thanks

Best Answer

Hi. I'm also having the same problem. It's one of the main reasons I bought the versa 4 in the first place. My bank is on the list of supported banks and I use them contactless on Google wallet on my phone. It's been going on for months so it's not looking good for getting sorted anytime soon. False advertising. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just checking if there are any updates for this? Now it is June 19 and my brand new Versa 4 is not functioning properly with Google Wallet. Getting the not able to connect error.

Best Answer

Same problem here: "Something went wrong. Error connecting to Versa 4. Make sure that it is close by and turned on."

Versa 4 firmware version: 61.20001.184.52

My phone is updated and running on Android 12 

Best Answer
0 Votes