Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denial error message when adding CC to Fitbit Pay/Google Wallet

To the Fitbit Pay app development team:

Hi all, love my Versa 4 and am an avid Fitbit eco-system user for numerous years.  Since the Google migration, still unable to successfully add my credit card to Google Wallet for Fitbit Pay capabilities on my Versa 4.  Smartwatch is on latest soft version and CC details are confirmed correct.  The steps I'm following are below.  It seems there's some type of interop issue between the Fitbit and Google Pay platforms. I imagine others are having the same issue.  Please keep us posted on when resolution is available.

Current steps to recreate the issue:

1. on iPhone, navigate to Google Wallet, via Versa 4 smartwatch, and tap 'Continue'
  2. Selecting 'New credit or debit card'
  3. Entering (known correct) card details and tapping 'save'
  4. 'Contacting your bank...'
  5. Denial error message: 'Double-check your card details.  Something's not right. Please double-check the details and try again.'

Screenshot

Fitbitpay1.jpeg.png

Thanks!

AJLJ

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

I have the same issue with Fitbit Sense on Android.  I am trying to add a card that already exists in Google Wallet, and the details are known to be good.  This is a Chase card I am trying to add.  I have tried adding the card details manually as well and it fails in the same way as described above.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same problem. A card already in Google Wallet was not accepted onto the watch. In my case I found out, after MUCH searching, that the google pay on the watch doesn't accept all of the same cards that are accepted on the google pay app.

So card problem A was solved for me. 

However, I now have Problem B. I was able to get a (different) card accepted onto the watch, but every time I go to pay, it fails! 

NOT the easy transition from fitbit pay to google wallet that was touted when encouraged to 'change to google wallet'. NOT happy fitbit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Interesting.  In my case, it's the same card I already had in my Fitbit Sense I also have in Google Wallet, so there's no reason it shouldn't work.  It was working previously.  I tried yet another card and was able to add it successfully.  Seems like some things are not quite right.

Best Answer