Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The redesigned iOS Fitbit app is rolling out!

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello everyone!

I would like to announce that the redesigned Fitbit app starts rolling out today! This new app will help you reach your goals, and bring the health and wellness information right on hand.

Check out our latest blog for how to get the most out of the new app. 

Note: Please be patient if you don't see the update right away, as it will take some time to roll out completely.

Happy stepping!

LizzyFitbit_2-1695145726394.png

Best Answer
2,368 REPLIES 2,368

I was barely navigating the Fitbit when I only had the Fitbit app to contend with. And then out of nowhere I no longer have that option and it's all gone to Google. But it seems like we're all guinea pigs here and it is very incredibly frustrating. I'm not talking just one or two things look I'm 58 I wasn't born with the computer in my hand and you haven't made this easy. 

Best Answer

You no longer have the option for what @jnovochase 

Best Answer

The newest IOS version no longer has the battery strength shown. The emails are the notification I get/see indicating my battery is low.

Best Answer

Dare I even ask if it has a dark theme? 

Best Answer

If we choose not to do this "update", how long before the current app no longer works?  Google is already pushing me out with its other demands by 2025, but I was hoping to have at least 6 more months to research other brands before I switch.

Best Answer

I do wish the Dev. team could make our request come true. I am def. one of people love to use dark mode in fitbit.

Best Answer

I love Fitbit. Looking forward to the changes. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@mikey_pdx   I'm sorry, but there's no dark mode.

@SteppingBooks   Make sure you don't have automatic updates on in your phone settings if you want to wait.  You don't say what model Fitbit you use.  Some apps, especially on the smartwatches, need the current app version for device apps to work properly.  I can't say exactly how much time you have to make your decision.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

@LZeeW  I don't have automatic updates on.  I've a charge 4, so it's fairly basic in comparison to the majority of the Fitbit devices.  

Best Answer

On the weekly, 1 month 3 month and year page it is only showing data for weekly.

when I touch the screen to show the monthly and yearly nothing happens. The touch screen works on other apps 

Best Answer

@SteppingBooks   I have some experience with a Charge 4.  I can't remember all of the apps on the Charge 4, but I'm referring to apps like the Weather and Agenda apps.  I think you have some time to look, but I'm not a Fitbit employee and can't guarantee 6 months.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LZeeW Thanks!  I have never used the Weather or Agenda app, so if I lost those, no biggie.  I'm curious more as to whether the app will stop syncing the important things (steps, miles, etc) if I refuse the new update for too long (not that it has rolled to met yet anyway). 

Guess I know what I'll be doing with my long weekend next week 😬

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SteppingBooks   If you don't use those apps, then I think you will be able to use the app for a while.  No need to make a hasty decision.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Best Answer
0 Votes

How can I get the old app version. The redesign is horrible

Best Answer

I’m sure they won’t let us. This is google messing up a good thing again. Lost all friends data until they switch to google and new app. Lost my 501 day streak, the look is horrible and I’m sure they don’t care like they did when they ended the game. Plus they will probably pull this because it calls them out. Horrible customer

Best Answer

The new app is much worse in design and all customization aspects. Let me give you some examples but there are more, the app doesn't show the current battery level of your device anymore. Also the possibility to customize the landing page tiles is gone, for example to switch from steps to Active Zone Minutes as the number at the top on the landing page. If a skilled programmer had done the programming of the app this would have been decided by what goal you had decided as your Primary Goal in the Fitbit app. For all of us that still is lucky to operate a Charge 4 we also misses the opportunity to have the number of flight of stairs at the top tile. It is amazing how bad programming can destroy an app that used to be market leading and now is mediocre at the best. Do it again and do it right this time...

Best Answer

I agree completely. I've been using Fitbit since 2015 and disappointed doesn't even begin to describe how I feel.

Best Answer

HORRIBLE

its 2023 for heaven sake … not even able to re-arange stuff … the old GUI is showing when you get deeper … still no dark mode … and the new looks chaotic and less clear !!

IT IS 2023 !

Best Answer

I updated this morning and it's very google.

Good: Clean interface

Bad: Still bits of the old interface lying around

Bad: No battery percentage for Fitbit Charge 5

Bad: No expanded view for Sleep or Activity on the home screen

Best Answer