Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing a clock face causes watch to constantly restart when syncing.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

After loading a [Fitbit] clock face the watch will constantly restart when syncing.

Impossible to use "remove clock face" because it never fully loads before the watch restarts, even if it is not the active clock face.

This seems to be a bug in firmware Version 1.184.52 and in any Android Fitbit App version, including 3.77.

Does anyone else have a constantly restarting watch?

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

No this never happened to me before…

Best Answer
0 Votes

Bought the Versa yesterday and after the configuration. The watch constantly try to synchronize. Probably a bug ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

No such issue here, running the same firmware and app versions, @Guy_.

"... the watch will constantly restart when syncing."
You mean syncing the new clock face, or syncing data with the Fitbit app? If the latter, you should have access to your device's settings and be able to shut it down.

If your device is constantly restarting before installation of the new clock face is complete though, I'd suggest to put it aside until it's battery is completely empty, assuming that you've already have tried restarting it by holding the side button for 10 seconds.

Talahthas, Fitbit Community Council
Charge, Charge HR, Blaze, Versa, Versa 2, Charge 5, Versa 4, Aria, Aria 2, Pixel 4a, Pixel 7
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you !
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Talahthas- thanks - I used Shutdown to fully close the watch but that doesn't help. The moment it starts syncing the rebooting starts again.

The watch works fine if you turn off the phone Bluetooth or logout of the Fitbit App, [or if you can stop the item loading].

The main issue is any app or clock face you try and load never fully completes for some reason, even though it appears in the Fitbit App, it still shows later or continue or switching.

The point is for people with rebooting watches a clock face or app loading may be the cause and stopping phone syncing may stop the rebooting

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you !
Best Answer
0 Votes

Have you tried performing a factory reset and setting your device up from scratch, @Guy_?

Talahthas, Fitbit Community Council
Charge, Charge HR, Blaze, Versa, Versa 2, Charge 5, Versa 4, Aria, Aria 2, Pixel 4a, Pixel 7
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Talahthas- thanks but a factory reset is not currently an option, and it shouldn't be necessary anyway. Let's see if others have a similar problem/resolution.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes twice! They will send me a new one.
Best Answer
0 Votes