Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 4 Won't Sync (3 Android devices tried)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have received my free Versa 4 received as the promotion when I got my Pixel 7 Pro. I currently own the original Sense. I have removed this from my account to pair the Versa. I have tried a dozen times to do this, on the Pixel, a Samsung S20+, and a Huawei Tablet. Each is slightly different, but with various reboots of the phone, watch, or both - they tend to get to the same place : The watch is paired with the Fibit app and phone, but it never resyncs - it tries to, but fails. 

I've run through all the help pages, including the restarting, turning BT off and on, even factory resets and reinstalling the Fitbit app.

This is the process on the brand new Pixel Pro 7 :

1. Factory reset Fitbit, and new Fitbit App installation on phone

2. Fitbit : Select English, instructions appear
3. Phone, run app, add a Versa 4, and the app says "Versa 4 Found", but nothing else. The watch spontaneously reboots. (this may or may not be normal!)
4. When watch comes up, pin digits appear, and are entered on phone. Phone says Connected with a tick in circles.
5. Bluetooth Permissions come up on phone, and are approved and paired.

6. However, the Pairing and Linking Screen on the phone continues to spin, Fitbit still says Connected

7. No further progress (I waited 30 minutes)

8. If I Reboot Fitbit, it comes back up with Language Selection. I then Cancel the pairing screen on the phone, and it tells me the Fitbit needs an update, which I start off.

9. Fitbit Updates, the phone returns to device page, saying its synced. No further syncing ever happens - just that first one.

Firmware displays as 61.3001.153.50.

On the Galaxy S20+, it is slightly different :

Factory Reset Fitbit, and Versa 4 removed and unpaired from app on this new phone.

The add process works fine up until update - which completes to the same version as above, but never syncs again

Firmware is now 61.3001.153.50

Syncing kept on restarting, and the Update button blinks many times. But eventually, the version number changed to

However, synching never happens again.

I have factory reset many times, and the result is always the same. You can coax it to be finally paired, but it will never sync again.

Can anyone give me advice before I return it and go back to my reliable Sense 1?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@HailV- it is odd. If you already factory reset it and installed the firmware it will be at the latest level 61.20001.184.52.

It may be an error if it suggests another update. In this case logout and clear the cache and force stop it and login again - it should sync.

Perhaps try chat via the Fitbit App, click profile photo, Help & Support, Contact Customer Support.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hi @HailV - with all your great troubleshooting you have established the watch Bluetooth works. With multiple watches and phones it complicates things.

So try the following using only the Samsung S20+ on it's latest firmware, Android ?  

• Remove all Fitbit devices from Bluetooth on the phone
  • Turn off all other phones and watches.
  • Remove the Versa 4 from the App, if it is attached
  • Go to the Fitbit App phone settings and clear the storage cache and force stop it. [there can be residual interference]
  • Turn off the Bluetooth
  • Restart the watch and place on charge.
  • Shut off your phone for a few minutes and then turn it on
  • Turn on the Bluetooth.
  • In the Fitbit App, click profile photo and "+ Set up a Device" as for the initial setup

Once you get the firmware to 61.20001.184.52 don't factory reset it again. You should have a working watch.

While it may not work it is worth a shot but don't be disappointed with the Versa 4 which is partial version of the Sense with missing functions and things not working. So it is quite understandable if you just return it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the reply - no luck after trying that. I tried again on the Pixel Pro too, and this time it did install fully like the S20+, but still won't sync after the initial connection. And it says it has a new version to install, but never gets to do it because the sync doesn't happen first. 

At least I didn't pay anything for the watch, as it was a promotion with the Pixel. But it does irk me a bit that it doesn't work, even with the latest Google phone! I don't get why there's no PC app to connect through the cable and flash the device that way.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@HailV- it is odd. If you already factory reset it and installed the firmware it will be at the latest level 61.20001.184.52.

It may be an error if it suggests another update. In this case logout and clear the cache and force stop it and login again - it should sync.

Perhaps try chat via the Fitbit App, click profile photo, Help & Support, Contact Customer Support.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ended up going through the Fitbit Chat for support - a faulty unit was diagnosed, and an RMA arranged. Went back to the Sense 1 in the end - and unsurprisingly, it was added flawlessly to the App first time (so it wasn't me after all!) 😄

Best Answer

@HailV  - lol these things are sent to try us!

You'll probably find the Sense 1 a more useful watch anyway.

Did you know if you are in the window if you are unhappy with the watch Fitbit have a 45 day refund policy or possibly authorised dealers too, some stores provide 14 to 30 day refunds.

In which case don't accept the RMA but change to refund if that is your choice.

Best Answer
0 Votes