Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 4 missing features

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello everyone,

Since the Fitbit just released today I might be a bit early in posting my thread, but I wanted to try nonetheless.

Has anyone noticed with their Fitbit Versa 4 (or Sense 2 for that matter), that they can't find/download any apps for their device? I know that you could download different ones for your Sense because I had one, and according to the internet also on the Versa 3. However, in the app on my phone it wouldn't show anything?

Also, I found online on a website that there would be no music apps on either Sense 2 and Versa 4, is that true? No Spotify, no Deezer, no nothing?

Any feedback on this would be appreciated! I could not reach out to Fitbit support because every time I select the ''get support'' button it just redirects me to a blank page, and sometimes just to a 404 (page not found) error code... 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
52 REPLIES 52

Hi @ShanRF  - music has been discontinued on the Versa 4 so Spotify won't be available.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got my Versa 4. And yes, you are correct about the apps issue. No 3rd party apps, no music apps, no map (so what's the purpose of having built in gps). I have been a long time Fitbit user and I didn't expect this when I ordered Versa 4. It is  my fault that I am taking all these features for granted. 

Rumors are they are preventing direct competition with other G smart watches. And if they keep Versa 4 from 3rd party apps installation, I am thinking of quitting my Google/Android Ecosystem. 

Best Answer

Yes basically a downgrade.  No way to install any decent clock faces or apps.  Very disappointed in this watch.

Best Answer

I received my versa 4 today after loosing my versa 3 and needed to replace. Was excited to have the extra exercise features but to discover there is no apps (spotify) I am extremely disappointed with fitbit. What is the point to have an upgrade and remove apps?! Really doesn't make sense and genuinely wish I did not upgrade as its more useless than my older model. Should not feel upset about a new purchase 😔

Best Answer

Hi @TeeTemp - If you are unhappy with the watch Fitbit have a 45 day refund policy if bought direct from them or from an authorised shop perhaps, and some stores offer a 14 to 30 day one. May be you can get your money back and get another Versa 3 which are still available in shops.It may be cheaper too.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer

I agree, I came from the versa 2 and that was a very well put together device. I am appaled that they woukd rwleaae a producr with soo many bugs. I don't think that anyone wouldve been too heartbroken if they would have waited a few more months before releasing it to sprt out the google assistant and maps.

Even the notifications are trash. I need to fight with the gyro sensor to turn on the watch face, then by the time the notification goes through the whole animation, the screen has fallen asleep again... why can't you male notifications like the versa 2 and just display them straight up?

Next, how do you make a new version and lose features????? The versa 2 was able to play/control music from spotify and pandora. I was able to re-arrange tiles (but now I just have a scrolling list). I was able install cool apps (like sunset tracker, or ISS location) and none of these features are available anymore.

If I hadn't gotten the fitbit as a gift, I'd be returning it right about now in favour of a samsung gear that lets me:

A. Install the apps I want/need

B. Give me some level of customization to match my lifestyle

C. Has the google assistant/maps support as advertised

D. Sync frequency can be changed so that the watch will sync your stats more than once every 30 mins!!!

Comon fitbit, I am really dissapointed.

Best Answer

Amazing thank you so much, I got it direct from fitbit website but customer support said it was not possible to return when I realised it didn't have apps. I will give them a call, thank you again!

Best Answer

One of the main reasons I moved from the Charge series to the smart watch (Versa 2 and now 3) is that I had the ability to develop my own clock face. If that's not an option on newer fitbits, I'll be looking into a new brand of watch (sadly)..

Best Answer
0 Votes

@cph015 That's an interesting topic. Because fitbit has made some 3rd watchfaces available on Versa 4. It's just it doesn't provide any SDK for Versa 4 and developers cannot control whether their watchfaces will be available for Versa 4 or not. 

So it's possible your Versa 2/3 watchfaces could be available on Versa 4. 

Best Answer

Same here ☹️

Best Answer

I also feel duped. This is frustrating 

Best Answer

@HappyMum1 @FitBritt0430 I ended up swapping mine back for versa 3 as was within warranty, glad I did even though it ended up being a bit of an ordeal with mail service losing order twice and fitbit customer service implying I hadn't returned even though I sent evidence. Not nice, I didn't even receive an apology 😅🙃 hope you both swapped yours!

Best Answer

Sad to want to upgrade to Versa 4 but not willing to lose features to “upgrade”. Guess I’ll have to find a Versa 3 from another retailer.

Best Answer
0 Votes