Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 4 missing features

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello everyone,

Since the Fitbit just released today I might be a bit early in posting my thread, but I wanted to try nonetheless.

Has anyone noticed with their Fitbit Versa 4 (or Sense 2 for that matter), that they can't find/download any apps for their device? I know that you could download different ones for your Sense because I had one, and according to the internet also on the Versa 3. However, in the app on my phone it wouldn't show anything?

Also, I found online on a website that there would be no music apps on either Sense 2 and Versa 4, is that true? No Spotify, no Deezer, no nothing?

Any feedback on this would be appreciated! I could not reach out to Fitbit support because every time I select the ''get support'' button it just redirects me to a blank page, and sometimes just to a 404 (page not found) error code... 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
52 REPLIES 52

Hi @Fransbc , @Chickenface22 - there are no apps available for the Sense 2 or Versa 4 at the moment, other than the standard Fitbit ones, As for music control, Fitbit is disabling this feature as much as possible, so there may never be apps for that.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer

Hi Guy_,

I know :(, that's why I was surprised by chickenface22's comment... it's not only the music capabilities they're trying to get rid off permanently it seems. 

But thanks for the heads-up nonetheless 😉

Greetings

Best Answer

@Guy_ @Fransbc If you swipe up on the versa 4 and I think it's  the same for sense 2,  you with get to the notifications and if you are playing music through your phone and have the current music apps notifications turned on in the Fitbit app, a music notification with appear 

PXL_20221002_115113465.jpg

 When you tap on this, some options will appear. these options can control your music. E.g play,pause,skip,like etc

PXL_20221002_115128066.jpg

PXL_20221002_115138287.jpg

  

Best Answer

@Fransbc  - see also about apps About apps  

@Chickenface22 - that is not a watch app downloadable from the gallery. But ingenious all the same.

Best Answer

not work on my huawei p30

Best Answer
0 Votes

You need to turn on Spotify notifications in the Fitbit app

Best Answer

It's turned on in the FB app, and Spotify gives the persistant notification om my Samsung S22 Ultra, but it is not shown on my Versa 4...

Best Answer

same 4 me

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ya, that's totally not working for me after turning the app notification for Spotify on either. Versa 4. Bummer. Samsung s10+

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Versa 3 just broke, and I am/was considering the Versa 4.

My main gripe with the Versa 3 was that it couldn’t keep an accurate time unless or could sync often, plus unstable syncing, and I see neither of those are fixed.  I am glad for the physical button because of resets and even a factory reset caused by water drops in the shower.

Is it correct that the “upgrade” to 4 would mean no more 3rd party apps and no music control, but I gain google pay and maybe get Google maps at some point?  Wouldn’t that be a downgrade?

My electronics store is recommending I go away from Fitbit, saying it’s far behind Garmin, that has onboard storage of music, and no reports of not being able to keep track of time. And if Google is killing the Fitbit smartwatch line, which would be the only reason I could think of to kill the music and app functions, should I abandon Fitbit now if I don’t want a google watch?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MikeHenk i would never buy a Garmin but I can't objectively disagree with the advice that you got.

Formerly Giampi71 - Retired from Fitbit for good on November 13th 2023
Best Answer

This is absolutely bonkers. I just upgraded from the Versa 3 and I regret it, this watch looks nice but is super basic. I really hope the add app support or what's the point 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @MikeHenk  - you can always consult the forum to how others feel, like in this thread, and the store is probably best placed to give good advice.

Best Answer

Exactly why I posted. And while I expect satisfied people are more quiet, I scanned through all the pages, and while it’s possible I missed it, I can’t find a single post talking about how great it is. Nor can I find anything where Fitbit is explaining the decision to remove functionality or what the direction is. 

don’t get me wrong, I’m on my 4th Fitbit, got my family to buy them (6 in total), so I’m a long term customer. But now that I’m forced to buy, it’s like I’m having to struggle to find a reason to buy the 4, and it surprises me

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MikeHenk- The Versa 4 is not an upgrade to the Versa 3, as some of the Versa 3 features are missing.

The problem you had with the Versa 3 seems to be specific to your watch and not normal.

Wearing a Fitbit in the shower is not a good idea, due to the seals suffering and the reasons you say.

If you are left handed that can also be an issue.

Best Answer

The versa 4 is definitely not an upgrade to the 3. I'm one of the lucky ones and my 3 still works. I just returned my Versa 4 to the store. It's basically useless. The only thing I like about it was it's slimmer design. That was actually a huge selling point for me. But everything that was lost with the 4 was such a disappointment. Since I don't want to go away from Fitbit, I may get the Google Pixel Smartwatch at some point. But I have no plans to do so just yet. In order to get a somewhat slimmed down design, I went from a bumper to a screen protector only on my Versa 3. I REALLY was sad to lose the slimmer design. It seems like such a little thing, but it's not for me. Overall, I'm happy going back to my 3. What a shame on Fitbit.

Best Answer

Actually, the lack of keeping time is not specific to me.  Nor is it specific to versa 3 and 4.  If you look for it, you’ll see it on multiple models, including in this forum.  There’s all kinds of advice on switching watch faces, but FitBits response is it has to sync with the phone to show accurate time, which is difficult if you sleep in one room and charge in another.  I’ve had it as far off as 45 min in a day.  

And you’re saying a watch rated to 50 meters can’t withstand a shower?  Had nothing to do with seals, they were fine.  The 3 simply had a bad design that they fixed in 4 because you couldn’t even cross your arms without a restart or shower without it doing weird stuff.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MikeHenk- watches that lose 45 minutes a day are faulty and need replacing if a factory reset doesn't fix it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Agree - yet Fitbit says to force a sync…. They need to fix both their customer service and products.

Best Answer

I got the Versa 4 and it does not have spotify access and it cannot be downloaded as of yet.

Best Answer
0 Votes