Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Estimated Oxygen Variation

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Why is this now available on only some Charge 3 and Versas? 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello everyone!

As mentioned before, the red and infrared sensors on the back of your Fitbit device capture the data that you see on your estimated oxygen variation (EOV) graph. Although the sensors are components of a relative SpO2 sensor, the graph is not a relative SpO2 estimate.

Your EOV graph is located under sleep stages in the Fitbit app, or, if you’re a premium subscriber, it’s on the Restoration tab under your sleeping heart rate information. If you don’t see your EOV graph, note that:

-You must get sleep stages and wear one of the following Fitbit devices to get the EOV graph: Charge 3, Ionic, and devices in the Versa series. 

-Certain customers began seeing the graph in December 2019. The feature will be available to all customers sometime in 2020.

We hope this answers some questions. 

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
648 REPLIES 648

@Den_in_USA   This feature is being rolled out progressively for Ionic/Versa/Versa Lite/Versa 2 and Charge 3 devices.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Does this mean that I will get an app update so that this feature will appear?

Best Answer

@Den_in_USA   The users who reported getting it just had it show up.  You will probably need the most current version of the app.  I have no other details to share.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Best Answer

I'm from Sweden and my wife did get it a couple of days ago. But i haven't got it and I checked and we have the same app version 3.12(20243451). We both have the Charge 3 limited edition... 

Best Answer

Happy Holidays everyone!

Thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding the Estimated Oxygen Variation graph. This graph will provide users with an estimate of the variability of oxygen levels in their bloodstream. The data is derived from a combination of the red and infrared sensors on the back of your device, which are part of the SpO2 sensor.

As you may have gathered, this feature has been rolled out to a small percentage of users and we are hoping to provide more news about Estimated Oxygen Variability soon. So stay tuned!

Of course, if you have additional feedback you would like to provide, feel free to let me know in the comments below.

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

Rolling out a oxygen measurement for some Fitbit users and not all is obnoxious. Total BS that fitbit would do this. 

Best Answer

ETA? Sleep O2 data?  Watch faces with current reading?

Best Answer

And on a version of software and firmware that work?

Best Answer

I agree.  Bought it for the feature and now I have to wait to become one of the special ones that get it.  *Sigh*

Best Answer

Opt in feature?  Thought maybe you guys utilized the Play Store Beta program but didn't see it available.  Would totally opt in and I get 'were not responsible for blah blah' disclaimers' that go with beta/rc's.

Best Answer

@MrKekko  This is a progressive roll out.  There just isn’t a good way of knowing who will get it when.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Best Answer

You would think they would roll out this feature to premium users first... My husband has it right now and I don't, and I have premium! That's really crappy of Fitbit. Why have premium if he gets the better info than I do??

Best Answer
But do we have any idea of the timeline (how many months or years) or
whether the brick bugs of the October and forward updates will have been
fixed?
Best Answer

I'm sorry, I'm not sure what you're trying to say. If you're trying to be rude for me stating an opinion I'm entitled to, could you do it with appropriate grammar?

Best Answer

Guess it's a good thing I wasn't trying to impress anyone.

Best Answer

Anxious to get the oxygen data.  One of the main reasons I bought this unit.  Thanks.  Merry Christmas 

Best Answer

Hope rollout is soon. I got it, wife has not.  She actually needs this, while I do not.  We could trade but...  By

Best Answer
Could you please tell us what exactly you got? Are there watch faces that
show O2 and heart rate? Is there anything in the sleep app for it?
Best Answer
0 Votes

To state exactly what we got. On the Fitbit phone app, when we go to view our most recent sleep stages, there is now a graph named Estimated Oxygen Variation that runs the entire time that you slept. If the line is colored green, you apparently get enough oxygen. If the line is colored orange, your oxygen is considered inadequate. Besides the change in color, there is an upper and a lower horizontal line between which your oxygen leven must stay. There are no actual oxygen values indicated, only a line that varies. In case you didn't know, SPO2 is a value that is calculated over a period of perhaps one minute during which time you need to quietly sit or stand to get a reading. It is not available yet and may never be available as a reading on a clock face.

Best Answer