Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fob for Versa

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi

Can you get a fob to put the fitbit versa in?  I'll be a student nurse soon and wanted to get a new fitbit but as you can't wear watches wondered if there was a way of using this as a nurse fob watch

Thanks 

Moderator edit: title for clarity 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Tasherrrr Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Smiley Happy

I think this is a great idea and would be super handy for Nursing students! However, at this time, we don't have plans to release this kind of holder for Versa. You can read more about this in this Feature Suggestion, but I hope that doesn't stop you from joining the Versa Fam! 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
26 REPLIES 26

@Tasherrrr Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Smiley Happy

I think this is a great idea and would be super handy for Nursing students! However, at this time, we don't have plans to release this kind of holder for Versa. You can read more about this in this Feature Suggestion, but I hope that doesn't stop you from joining the Versa Fam! 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

As a nurse, I would LOVE a fob watch strap for the versa.

It's the one thing that is keeping me from buying it as I can currently keep my Fitbit one on my clothing (usually attached to the centre of my bra!!)

If a fob strap was available, I would snap up the versa in an instant!

Best Answer

My friend bought me a nurse watch off eBay.  It's a big square one.  I realised the clock part pops out and my versa fits perfect. X 15327191859832527369859148487290.jpg

Best Answer

Hi there! Was the watch originally in this fob a round watch?  

Best Answer
0 Votes

@zoefeighan Welcome! It's good that the community is growing! Thank you for your inquiry. This is a third party item not sold by Fitbit. As such we can't really tell you about its materials or durability and it isn't covered by Fitbit's warranty.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Do you have the link for the product?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Does your Fitbit still count your steps with this case on it? X

Best Answer
0 Votes

It should do as it senses movement, I currently wear my Fitbit on my belt loop when I’m on shift and it counts my steps 

Best Answer

I really wish there was a nurse fob for the versa too!

Best Answer

I also found a different solution to this issue. I did not like the original band that came with the Fitbit because I was between two sizes ( 3rd hole too tight but 4th too loose) so I started using a magnetic watchband with my Fitbit Versa (got it from eBay). It simply wraps around and sticks together magnetically and fits me perfectly. But I was asked to be "bare below the elbow" at my new workplace and had to find a way to still use the watch. One of the hooks in the magnetic straps I used was removable. So I got rid of everything except that hook and looped an ID card holder around it. Works just fine. I can hook this into my top or into my belt. 

IMG_2565 copy.jpg

Best Answer

hi, what is the link for the square watch? a nurse looking for a friend

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, could you tell me which strap you bought from EBay? This is a fantastic idea!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can you link the original strap you used?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would love to know how you did this please. It’s exactly what I’m after:)

Best Answer
0 Votes

look for a square nursing fob on ebay

Best Answer
0 Votes

Has there been anymore progress with this. I need a new smartwatch and the only thing stopping me getting the Versa is the lack of a fob strap.. It wouldn't be that hard to do surely? 

Best Answer

I really don't understand why Fitbit don't tap into this market.  All those people who have to be "bare below the elbows" at work; nurses, physios, in fact anyone in healthcare, people working in the food industry, hair dressers - there are so many professions that can't wear a wrist strap. You are missing a whole range of people.  Where are your marketing dept?  Please please, design a fob holder so that I can use my watch while at work as a nurse.

Best Answer

I currently have my Fitbit on a magnetic strap which goes around ankle at work. I would love to be able to use it as a fob watch though! Like the idea above about it going onto a badge holder, going to try that xxx

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you so much for sharing this tip! 

Best Answer
0 Votes