Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black screen on Versa

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit screen went black yesterday after screen looked liked as if screen was cracked but isn’t. I tried turning it on and off but still nothing. I can feel vibrations from notifications and still see that it’s readung my heart rate, but nothing on the screen. I’ve tried charging it all night, turning off then back on but still nothing. 

Moderator edit: subject updated for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Try a Restart and do it several times if necessary.  A restart is a bit different than a plain Off and On.

Best Answer

Hi. That’s what I did. I held the left and bottom right button down fir a few seconds. That’s the only way I know to restart it. If there’s another way. Please share. Thank you 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Exact same thing happened to mine.  Please call Fitbit Support.

KC | Texas
One, Charge HR, Charge 2, Versa | Galaxy S9 Plus
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Tlenair wrote:

Hi. That’s what I did. I held the left and bottom right button down fir a few seconds. That’s the only way I know to restart it. If there’s another way. Please share. Thank you 

Since a Shutdown and then On and a Restart didn't work, try a 3 button Factory Reset as follows:

On the watch, hold all three buttons for about twelve seconds. This triggers the 2-button hardware reboot after about eight seconds.
- When the Fitbit logo appears, then disappears, release the bottom right button, then continue holding the left and top right buttons until you feel a strong vibration. This indicates the factory reset was initiated.
- This process may take several seconds, and eventually, the Fitbit logo appears and the device boots and displays go to Fitbit.com/setup.
- If you fail to release the bottom right button in time or otherwise don't follow the procedure precisely , the Fitbit logo reappears quickly and boots without factory reset.

Follow the directions precisely since the procedure is very critical.  You will be directed with instructions to start all over from scratch.

Best Answer

The problem is that with a black screen, the logo can't be seen.  Fitbit Support needs to see it via video.

KC | Texas
One, Charge HR, Charge 2, Versa | Galaxy S9 Plus
Best Answer
0 Votes

Good to see you around @Tlenair, @SunsetRunner and @swim4lifekac thanks for stopping by.

I appreciate the efforts in trying to fix this issue. Since the instruction you have tried didn't work, I've gone ahead and escalated your case to our support team, for them to take a deeper look at this. Please keep an eye on your inbox for further instructions.

Keep me posted. Robot Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

Thank you 

Best Answer