Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compatability with Google pixel 2

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hey everyone,

Have we got a date for when the vista might be compatible with the Google pixel 2?

Im hearing mixed messages, some say it works, some say it doesn't and I can't.

I'm finding it generally very strange that a popular flagship phone isn't working (but sometimes works)

Just wondering if it works and connect now with the new update?

I had my heart set on the vista as a birthday present for someone! And they have a pixel 2. Can anyone recommend a good smartwatch that is on a par to the vista (NFC, got battery life, fitness)?

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Unfortunately Fitbit dont say waht phones they are workimg on or give projected dates for being added to the supported list. You just need to keep your eye on the list 

Supported Devices List

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

I bought the Versa 2 days ago and yesterday, spent a very frustrating 15 minutes trying to get the connected GPS feature working with my Pixel 2 XL.  When it finally connected, I started my run but the GPS disconnected a half dozen times during my run.  At the end, the map of my run looked like I teleported all over the place.  I contacted Fitbit support this morning and that's when I learned the Pixel 2, isn't officially supported!  I was stunned, the phone has been out of 9 months, it's a flagship Android phone.  (For that matter, the Galaxy S9 isn't on the supported list either).  So I'm not going to waste more time **ahem**ing around with the connected GPS feature.  I'll just use the Strava app on my phone, to track my runs.  I believe Fitbit supports the Strava app and integrates the exercise data into the app data.  

I almost wish I didn't sell my Ionic, it worked great but then I didn't need a connected GPS feature like with the Versa

Best Answer
0 Votes

It says it is supported now. Can you please comment on how your experience is currently (As of August 3018)? I'm interested in a Pixel and want to know if the Versa will work in a stable manner with it or not.

I'm currently on a dinosaur phone (the Moto Turbo 2) and I've had my share of frustrations and figured it was due to my phone being so old (it's 5 years old!) but sadly that appeared not to be the issue.

Anyway, my phone and Versa are finally on good terms and I want to know if I can expect a good experience on a Google Pixel 2. Fingers crossed!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Geht definitiv nicht zuverlässig bei der Synchonisation und gar nicht bei GPS verbindung zum Pixel 2.Nachdem ich viele Stunden mit den Tips des Supports beschäftigt war. Kam nach dem 3.anruf heraus, dass mein super Smartphone nicht kompatibel ist. In der Werbung und auf der Verkaufshomepage ist nichts zu finden von inkompatiblen Geräten. Erst auf der Verpackung ist ein Hinweis dass es  näheres unter fitbite.com/devices zu finden gibt. Das grenzt schon an Betrug. Mein Händler hat mir wiederwillig die Uhr zu einem geringeren Betrag zurück genommen. Trotzdem bin ich froh keinen Elektronikschrott daheim zu haben.

Gruß Mathias

Best Answer

Hallo Mathias,

Danke für die Eingabe. It sounds like your experience was also very frustrating and I'm sorry to hear that.
My Versa locked while I changed straps last week. It would not unlock after what felt like hours with FitBit Support later they conceded that my versa appears to have a Bluetooth defect. The return process TO Fitbit itself has not been as smooth as I hoped on my under 30 day old item. At first I thought to exchange my Versa for a new one and try again but they said I may get a refurbished item, which I found unacceptable since I bought a brand new item less than 30 days ago, since they were unwilling to give me a new item back I opted to return it and be done. I'll be glad when this is all done. I too am very disappointed and I agree that I saw very little in the way of information on compatibility. On one of my many calls with FitBit Support one lady swore my device was incompatible but I had checked their website so I had to argue with her about it and eventually she found it on some "extra" list that my device was compatible. The whole experience was terrible from the beginning for me and I'm talking about a phone that has been around for 5 years so there really is no excuse.  

I really liked it when it worked but it was so unreliable in synchronization that it was a constant frustration. I am disappointed that it does not work well on the Pixel 2, that means there is no hope for it working on the Pixel 3 coming out in October. I've taken notice and I guess I will need to turn to another device. So sad because I really liked the Versa's look and feel.  

Good luck to you.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Danke für die Antwort, aber mein Englisch ist zu schlecht um das zu
verstehen.
Gruß Mathias
Best Answer
0 Votes

Using Ionic with Pixel 2XL and working perfectly. My wife is using Versa with Pixel and she is also very happy. No problem whatsoever.

One thing to highlight: both smartphones have been factory reset as soon as updated to Android P.

Best Answer