Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DEATH OF MY VERSA!

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I woke up this morning to a completely unresponsive Versa. No light flashing on the back, no sign of life, no charging potential. Has anyone else had this happen? I got it at the beginning of May through Amazon and have had absolutely no problems with it. About to contact customer service.

Best Answer
35 REPLIES 35

Try a Restart first  hoping there is enough power and do it  several times if necessary. In fact it would be helpful if you try charging first.

Best Answer

I just had this happen to me today and resetting it worked. Press and hold the back (or left) button and bottom button at the same time for about 10 seconds. The Fitbit logo should come up on the screen.

Best Answer
I spent a lot of time with customer service earlier, my Versa is beyond
help. They are replacing it, thank goodness.
Best Answer

The same thing happened to me today. I know my Fitbit battery died the night before so I set it on the charger thinking it would charge overnight at least. Woke up to find that I can't 'power on' my Fitbit using the back (left button). I found this forum and using the reset technique (left button and bottom right button) my Fitbit did turn on. Thank you for your suggestions!

PS My only question now is: Will this happen every time I let the battery die??

Best Answer
0 Votes

@amychasenh wrote:

I just had this happen to me today and resetting it worked. Press and hold the back (or left) button and bottom button at the same time for about 10 seconds. The Fitbit logo should come up on the screen.

Yes, Amy, it's called a Restart as I recommended in the post above yours.

Best Answer

We're all just trying to be helpful! Please try to stay kind.

@SunsetRunner wrote:

@amychasenh wrote:

Yes, Amy, it's called a Restart as I recommended in the post above yours.

Best Answer

You are absolutely correct, Amy, and I apologize for my unwarranted abruptness.

Best Answer

My battery level was still in the green when I went to bed. There was absolutely no response in any way. Very strange. I love it so much, love the Fitbit app too. Customer Service were very helpful.

Best Answer

I bought a Fitbit Versa that died after only 44 days of use. I tried returning it to Target but since it was past the 30 day window, I was not able to. Anyway, contacted Fitbit customer support and after doing all troubleshooting, they ended up sending me a return label to send it back to them. It was completely dead. Anyway, it has been 3 weeks since I sent the Versa back and I haven’t got the replacement. At this point I wish I could get my money back (over $200) but they don’t do refunds.
The quality of Fitbit and its customer service is TERRIBLE! 

Best Answer
My experience with their customer service is the exact opposite. I did
online chat and the agent was excellent. I accepted that I had to go
through various stages that seemed unlikely to remedy my dead Versa but
that led to the inevitable conclusion that it was faulty. The agent put the
replacement order in to process and it took about 3 weeks to receive the
replacement.

I had bought the original from Amazon and it worked fine for about 3
months. I am a big fan of Fitbit still and remain hopeful that this Versa
will live a full life!

Stay positive in your dealings with Customer Service and hopefully they
will come through!
Best Answer

Unfortunately, same thing happened to me!

It was just on 60% and then it all went black. I tried re-charging. The interface goes back up but won't get past to 1%. Once you take it off the charger, it's just dead! I tried to troubleshoot + factory reset but nothing works. 

I contacted customer service. The chat agent was great. I am now doing an e-mail exchange. They decided that it might just be the charger. They'll be sending a charger replacement instead. I'm from the Philippines so imagine how long will that take. Imagine also the frustration when I try the new charger and it still doesn't work and it ends up being the hardware fault at all.

Oh! Quite frustrating!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you by any chance swim with your versa?

Best Answer

Yes, I swam with it on pool water last July 4, definitely less than 50 meters deeps. I'd say I was swimming in it a 12 ft deep pool. 

My versa broke down only after a month, dead on August 4.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@vintagechutzpah wrote:

It was just on 60% and then it all went black. I tried re-charging. The interface goes back up but won't get past to 1%. Once you take it off the charger, it's just dead! I tried to troubleshoot + factory reset but nothing works. 

I contacted customer service. The chat agent was great. I am now doing an e-mail exchange. They decided that it might just be the charger. They'll be sending a charger replacement instead. I'm from the Philippines so imagine how long will that take. Imagine also the frustration when I try the new charger and it still doesn't work and it ends up being the hardware fault at all.

Oh! Quite frustrating!

Just an update. The charger arrived within one week. They shipped it from China so it was fast to get here in the Philippines. Unfortunately, it ain't a charger problem. I plugged it in the new charger they gave me but it reacts the same way. I've just e-mailed them now asking what to do next. 

I called in the retailer wherein I purchased the Fitbit from. It's still under warranty. So, that's an option to just give it back there. The process time though would take 2-3 weeks as it has to go to their HQ and personally inspect it before any decision of giving a new replacement or what have you.

WHAT A HASSLE. Anyway, I'll wait for the Fitbit team to reply first.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@vintagechutzpah wrote:

@vintagechutzpah wrote:

Oh! Quite frustrating!

Just an update. The charger arrived within one week. They shipped it from China so it was fast to get here in the Philippines. Unfortunately, it ain't a charger problem. I plugged it in the new charger they gave me but it reacts the same way. I've just e-mailed them now asking what to do next. 

I called in the retailer wherein I purchased the Fitbit from. It's still under warranty. So, that's an option to just give it back there. The process time though would take 2-3 weeks as it has to go to their HQ and personally inspect it before any decision of giving a new replacement or what have you.

WHAT A HASSLE. Anyway, I'll wait for the Fitbit team to reply first.

ok, they're replacing it, finally. and they're quick about it. looking back, i'm quite impressed on the customer service. 

yes, there's still worry that in another 3 months, this might happen again. yes, it makes you think on why I didn't get the apple watch instead. but yep, looks like I'm still going to enjoy my Fitbit Versa until it lasts.

Best Answer
0 Votes

mine just died too....wasn't holding a charge and just died..only 3 months old

Best Answer
0 Votes

didn't work for mine it's dead

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had a similar issue with my Versa. Battery was malfunctioning. I contacted Fitbit support and they promptly sent me a replacement Versa as my warranty was still valid. I suggest you to contact Fitbit support team. They have a very reliable team. Would definitely help you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The exact same thing happened to me yesterday. I can’t get it to charge or turn on. Just got this watch 2 months ago.

Best Answer
0 Votes