Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Music control using Versa and S8+

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello!

I need help with being able to control the music playing from my S8+ using the Versa. I teach fitness classes and have always used the blaze to control the music being played from my phone. I've connected both to Bluetooth. I used the music setting on the fit bit and put it on the phone Icon. Any other suggestions as to what I could be doing wrong? Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Make sure you have bluetooth on your watch to On in settings>bluetooth connection settings, then pair to Versa Classic on your phone bluetooth settings. Yes, you will need to be connected to both Versa and Versa Classic. Then, play something in Spotify or your music player on your phone. Hold your left button on your watch and swipe to music controls to the left. Tap the ... (three dots in the left corner) and switch from your watch to your phone for music playback. You should see it pop up.

For everyone else having problems where this is happening and you are using Bluetooth headphones connected to your phone, play the song from any choice of your music players (Spotify  Pandora, Music etc) first without connecting to the Bluetooth headphones, and it will pop up and work. Then, connect your Bluetooth headphones via your Bluetooth settings by tapping on them manually to connect.

If your Bluetooth headphones have already auto connected to your phone before music playback has started on your phone, you will probably run into this problem over and over again - I know this because I've read majority of your comments about this annoyance and repeated these steps on my Note 8 and Apple Airpods flawlessly for the connection to work; simply, manually disconnect your Bluetooth headphones from Bluetooth settings by tapping them in menu and they will disconnect, play your song and your Versa Classic will become the priority connection. Then, reconnect your headphones by tapping them again in Bluetooth settings menu.

This is the bug. It's fighting our headphones to be first place for music playback; when the Versa connection is second for playback, it won't recognize the music on our phones until you move it back up to first place above your Bluetooth headphones in the connection order before playback. It sounds really dumb, and it is. Fitbit needs to fix this. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

For clarification you pair with Versa through Fitbit app and you pair with Versa Classic for music control through the Bluetooth settings of your phone. Your phone Bluetooth settings should list Versa Classic only, if you have Versa listed, unpair. As posted elsewhere you go to Versa Settings by swiping left>Bluetooth>Music via Bluetooth>tap the tiny blue writing bottom right till it says "Pair," then scan for device in your phone's Bluetooth settings . Press Versa Classic when listed to pair. Then as commentator above press and hold left button to enter your wallet for NFC, then left again for music control. Then start playing something on phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes