Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Off option?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just wondering if it possible to turn the Versa off?

I was recently gifted a Charge 2 and generally like it, but just found out it was designed with no off switch. Not too happy about that.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@john-msu @SunsetRunner Hi, there! If you ever have issues with your battery or any hardware issues, please reach out to our Customer Support team and they will be happy to explore your warranty options with you. 

As @N8teGee mentioned above, you will have the option to "shutdown" Versa in the Settings app of the watch. Let me know if there are still questions about this! 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
14 REPLIES 14

If its the same as the Ionic, which it should be as its using the same OS, then yes you will be able to power it off.

On the Ionic you go to the settings app, about and then scroll to shutdown. I would expect the Versa to be the same. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

As with the Ionic, there is no "Off" switch but you can do a Shutdown through the Settings App.

Best Answer

Hi @john-msu

Curious as to why you want/need to turn off your tracker. 

Marci | Bellevue, WA
Best Answer

I like to go into the woods / backcountry / canoeing.  Hopefully soon for multiple weeks at a time (retirement looms).  I might want to use the tracker the first few days, and the last few days, and not worry about charging it off grid.

Beyond that, it just seems silly not to have some basic level of control over a tracking device.

My understanding with the Charge 2 is that all I can do is let it go dead, and then not have it available until it recharges. Which is bad for the battery (which brings up another issue, is the Charge 2 a $150 disposable device once the battery dies?)

Best Answer
0 Votes

"which brings up another issue, is the Charge 2 a $150 disposable device once the battery dies?"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yep!!

Best Answer

Thanks C.B.

I looked at the Ionic forum for shutdown and it seems like that is what I want. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@john-msu @SunsetRunner Hi, there! If you ever have issues with your battery or any hardware issues, please reach out to our Customer Support team and they will be happy to explore your warranty options with you. 

As @N8teGee mentioned above, you will have the option to "shutdown" Versa in the Settings app of the watch. Let me know if there are still questions about this! 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Aless, thanks for the reply. RE battery life - I would just like to know up front about the battery replacement. I gathered from reading the forums that generally out of warranty items are "buy a new one" rather than "we'll replace it for $30".   I see the Versa is also one year warranty.  It looks like a nice device, but I'm not sure I'm on-board with spending $200 for (potentially) only one year's of service life.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@john-msu I recommend checking out our 1-year limited warranty information here. Another option is to purchase the Fitbit Protection Plan for your Versa. The Fitbit Protection Plan is currently not available for purchase on Versa but will become available in a few weeks.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@john-msu,

A few observations...

First, while the warranty for Fitbits is a year, my Fitbit One lasted over four years of everyday use before the battery life dropped from the 8+ days to about 2-3 days.  That's the device I had the longest; the remainder of my Fitbit devices are still holding a charge without issues.

Second, if you order from the likes of Amazon, you can get an additional 3-year warranty added to the device for under $15.

Lastly, check the fine print for your credit cards.  For instance, my Amex provides an additional 1 year warranty to all my purchases.

So for the price of a fancy lunch (and using the right credit card), you can get a replacement (or reimbursement) until about 03/2023 (1 + 3 + 1 years) should it malfunction.  I imagine you would've upgraded trackers by then.

I hope this helps.

Frank | Washington, USA

Fitbit One, Ionic, Charge 2, Alta HR, Blaze, Surge, Flex, Flex 2, Zip, Ultra, Flyer, Aria, Aria 2 - Windows 10, Windows Phone

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

If you go off the grid a lot....you could buy a external fully charged battery supply that you could plug various devices in to rejuice when needed. Probably a good thing to have on hand incase of a emergency anyways  if your in remote places that often. 

I cant power off my flex and I’ve had no issues with the battery for years. And I’ve unknowingly let it die out multiple times. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Didn't work for my Versa as there were no options for shutdown in settings. Only options were for Tip & Tricks and Inspiration checkboxes

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @kimknaup Yes, there is shutdown on your Versa. If you go to settling (gear symbol) and scroll to the bottom, then select About, scroll to the bottom again and you will see Shutdown. 

Hope that helps.

Marci | Bellevue, WA
Best Answer

i preordered my versa. can i now purchase a warranty since i could not when i ordered it? and why can we not login and get our information from when we ordered our watch?

Best Answer
0 Votes