Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen Material and Data Size

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Anyone know what screen is made of? Is it Gorrilla Glass 3 like ionic? Also, appears they changed the sensor material on back- I was allergic to the ionic and returned after 24 hours no issues with blaze.

Also, anyone know the total storage size for sideloading music? 

Thanks!

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @senfinger, I hope you're doing well, it's nice to see you around. It's great to see you too @N8teGee, thanks for all your help. Smiley Happy

@senfinger, please note that the screen on Fitbit Versa is made of Corning Gorilla Glass 3, which is tougher and more durable than normal glass, The charging contacts on the back are made of brass, covered with plastic, note that these sensors are not exposed. Additionally, as @N8teGee mentioned, the Fitbit Versa has an internal memory consisting of 2.5GB. 

I hope this resolves your inquiry, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
17 REPLIES 17

I'm certain the glass is Gorilla glass 3 just like the Ionic, and I've also read that there is the same 2.5GB (300 songs) for storage for personal MP3'S too. Unfortunately I couldn't tell you what the covering of the HR sensor is made from, although at a guess I would say the same plastic material as the Ionic. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

Long time! I saw some replies the other day from you while researching the Versa- I’m just fed up with my Apple Watch was doing so good fitness wise in tracking and my AWLTE quality is amazing but also very gimicky- and now that the Versa is coming out I’m hoping the smaller sensor which FB confirmed but less of its showing so might be ok with that. Thanks about the music Mb was wondering about that one.

also she could not confirm screen material as they have yet to announce it... kind of scary and good at the same time. Think I’m going to pre order and probably sell my AW. Especially since nfc and airpods will work with it. Thanks for your help : )

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @senfinger, I hope you're doing well, it's nice to see you around. It's great to see you too @N8teGee, thanks for all your help. Smiley Happy

@senfinger, please note that the screen on Fitbit Versa is made of Corning Gorilla Glass 3, which is tougher and more durable than normal glass, The charging contacts on the back are made of brass, covered with plastic, note that these sensors are not exposed. Additionally, as @N8teGee mentioned, the Fitbit Versa has an internal memory consisting of 2.5GB. 

I hope this resolves your inquiry, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer

@MarcoGFitbit wrote:

Do we need to use a screen protector for the Versa?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @sandralenore, I hope you're doing well, thanks for joining the conversation. Smiley Happy

That's an excellent question, please note that it's not necessary to use a screen protector but many people do to prevent scratches on the screen of our trackers and watches. We do not sell them directly though. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

What is on the right hand side on the fitbit versa screen? Is it a notification light? A camera?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think it is a light sensor to increase or decrease auto brightness. 

Best Answer

Hello @Fosterchick05, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's nice to see you around @blu-steel, thanks for joining the conversation. Smiley Happy

@Fosterchick05, indeed as @blu-steel mentioned, the sensor on the right hand side of the Versa is a light sensor used to increase or decrease auto brightness.

Best Answer
0 Votes

There's no way the screen is made of any special glass. If so their quality control is horrible. Mine started getting scratches on the screen after a week. My 2 year old Samsung Galaxy S7 has less scratches.

Best Answer

Now that we know the screen material and storage, is the processor type available information? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

If the screen is the Gorilla glass do I need a screen protector?  Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner wrote:

If the screen is the Gorilla glass do I need a screen protector?  Thanks!

Gorilla Glass is still scratch prone, so if those would bother you yeah. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Has anyone found real tempered glass instead of protector?

Best Answer
0 Votes

If Fitbit Versa has gorilla glass, then why does my wall scratch it? Yeah, I know that it's a bit bumpy but I also scratched my FitBit on a flat desk. I don't know how but if it's gorilla glass, how come it doesn't provide any scratch protection as sapphire do?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@N0p3 wrote:

If Fitbit Versa has gorilla glass, then why does my wall scratch it? Yeah, I know that it's a bit bumpy but I also scratched my FitBit on a flat desk. I don't know how but if it's gorilla glass, how come it doesn't provide any scratch protection as sapphire do?

Gorilla glass is nowhere near as hard as sapphire, they've never claimed that, and absolutely scratches in all devices with it. 

Depending on the generation of gorilla glass, there are different optimizations for either being harder/more shatter prone, or softer/less shatter prone, I'm guessing Fitbit chose one that's softer so it's more susceptible to scratches but less to shatters. 

Best Answer

Does the Fitbit Versa have a Sapphire Crystal HR sensor?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is it made of sapphire?

Best Answer
0 Votes