Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Step counting whilst cycling

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have noticed that the Versa is quite inaccurate at counting steps. It clearly exaggerates the number of steps especially in comparison with the Charge 2. Another curiosity is the fact that it even seems to clock up steps while the cycling exercise mode is activated, i.e. starting a bike ride I had 4700 steps, and when stopping the 10 min bike ride I was at 5600 steps. How is that possible? I think that some software enhancement is clearly needed...

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

I have had this too! I've done a spin session for 45 mins and it has added on over 2000 steps. I've put my versa in the bike activity mode so surely this should.mean that it's excercise and not just regular stepping? 

Best Answer

I have the same problem, I ride to work daily. This morning I had an addition of 5000+ steps during my bike ride of 55 min.

You can delete the steps by manually adding a "driving" activity which is occurring at the same time as your bike ride. But I don't feel like adding this manually twice a day :-(.

It is quite frustrating that this hasn't been thought trough by fitbit, you should not earn steps while cycling.

This needs to be a simple change in the programming of a bicycle activity for the developers..

Best Answer

Having the same problem and I also can proof this because I wear a charge2 on my right and the versa on my left hand !

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Versa/steps-during-cycling-exercise-and-heartrate-difference-compare...

Best Answer

Same here. My daily count adds up to over 15000 steps a day. Mainly sitting on my bike.

Also climbing up to 44 stairs a day and 23 while it should be maybe 6.

I’m thinking about returning it to the store.

Community Council MemberMario Dings | Rotterdam NL
Fitbit: Versa, Versa2, Sense. (Versa light) - Phone: Android. - Developer clockfaces.(Nederlands)
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have this problem too. It's ridiculous that steps are counted during cycling or any other non-stepping activity. It should be an obvious part of the programming of the device. I certainly don't expect to spend £200 on a piece of tech for it to have such a glaring error in it's tracking. Come on Fitbit, sort it out!

Best Answer
0 Votes