Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa WIFI and Bluetooth keep disconnecting

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Was very excited to get the Versa, but really disappointed. After three days of resets, shutting off app and phone, and factory reset, I’m still stuck with a device that keeps disconnecting, says updates are available, but does not complete the update. Says there is WIFI problems, keeps connecting and disconnecting from the Bluetooth. Resetting my phone and the Versa, isn’t a workable solution each time. 

Support line tells me it says Its OK, but the errors show different. Anyone seeing the same issues? I have not had any issues with my network and have it set to 2.4, as required. 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Update... so I reconnect my old Fitbit HR and it connects fine. When I watch the Versa connectivity I can see it connect then reconnect. My thoughts are that the Versa may not be ready for prime time. I’ll give it few more days then it’s going back. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
58 REPLIES 58

I am experiencing the same issue and I also just purchased mine

Best Answer

This is exactly what is happening to me too! In at the point where I might just return it. I really love it but it is not functioning correctly,  I'm really disappointed. 

Best Answer

Update... so I reconnect my old Fitbit HR and it connects fine. When I watch the Versa connectivity I can see it connect then reconnect. My thoughts are that the Versa may not be ready for prime time. I’ll give it few more days then it’s going back. 

Best Answer

The solution provided by FItbit was to disconnect ( press forget) on all the other Bluetooth devices. I did this for all six items.... really? The very fact that I was even asked to do that tell me they have seen this before. This sounds pretty questionable to me. So today I am adding back my other devices and going back to my HR device - that happily works with Bluetooth. I p,an to return the defective Versa. 

Come me on FITbit - you can do better!! Too many hours spend on chat and phone with support.....

Best Answer

I had the EXACT same issue.  Try this next time:

DON'T disconnect all your bluetooth devices from your phone!

Close the Fitbit app on your phone

Hold all three buttons at once on the Versa itself.  You will see the Versa 'reboot'.  Takes about 20-30 seconds of holding all three buttons to get to this point.

You know it's ready when you see the Fitbit logo.  Eventaully it will go to the normal watch face.

Open the Fitbit app on your phone.  

At this point, mine magically went from 'looking' (grey flashing icon) to syncing as it should.

In your bluetooth settings on your phone, you should now also NOT see the versa going between connected and disconnected.

Hope this (much easier) solution works for all of you!

BTW-HATE the new band connection system, and I've already cracked my screen after 2 weeks-not sure how!

Best Answer

This worked for me! Thank you!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for this suggestion. I had the same issue. Was unable to sync for 3 days but this worked!  Thank you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been having the issue that my versa keeps disconnecting so the app says i have 0 steps but my watch says a number.  It also says that no versa can be found and it will not sync with the app 

Best Answer
0 Votes

thank you that worked for me...now to get emails

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue. My new Versa just keeps disconnecting from my iPhone Bluetooth...why??

Best Answer

This worked for me as well, will see how long it takes to disconnect again!! I also am not a fan of the new connection of the band. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you NMRobinson. I was having the same trouble with my Versa not syncing. You advise did the trick. I have spent several days reviewing the posting and almost gave up, can’t believe it was that simple. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Will try this. I have been having the same issue since I bought mine 3 days ago. Still had yet to log an accurate bike ride. Ugh!  If it disconnects on tomorrow's ride it's getting packed up, returned, and I'm off to buy a Garmin. Thanks  

Best Answer

Didn’t work for me 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

After several hours of trying to connect my bluetooth headhones as it kept disconnecting every time it reconnected. I held dow all three buttons on my versa and got my headphones to connect. Cmon versa fix this please!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

After several hours of trying to connect my bluetooth headhones as it kept disconnecting every time it reconnected. I held down all three buttons on my versa and got my headphones to connect and stay connected. Cmon versa fix this please!!

Thanks for this forum!

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is the third time since early August that this same thing has happened to me.  So annoying.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This solution has worked for me...so far!  I'll see what tomorrow brings:)

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you ever find a fix to this? I just got a Versa and was excited to use all the features. After one day I am ready to send it back. It disconnects constantly, and I have tried every fix that I have found online. Bluetooth on/of. Reboot phone. Reboot watch. Delete watch from phone and start over pairing fresh. Even when I try to reconnect, I spend about 10 minutes messing around trying to get it to reconnect. Then it will be connected successfully for maybe an hour, lose connection, and I have to start it all over again.

I'm not interested in this if it won't even stay connected. Yes, my Android is listed as compatible and has all the available updates. Does anyone have any help to offer?

Best Answer