Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa WIFI and Bluetooth keep disconnecting

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Was very excited to get the Versa, but really disappointed. After three days of resets, shutting off app and phone, and factory reset, I’m still stuck with a device that keeps disconnecting, says updates are available, but does not complete the update. Says there is WIFI problems, keeps connecting and disconnecting from the Bluetooth. Resetting my phone and the Versa, isn’t a workable solution each time. 

Support line tells me it says Its OK, but the errors show different. Anyone seeing the same issues? I have not had any issues with my network and have it set to 2.4, as required. 

Best Answer
58 REPLIES 58

So here it is Augustof 2019 and I'm having this EXACT issue. I just bought the Versa this morning, and after hours of trying to get it to stay connected, I decided to rewritten it thinking it was defected. Get the new of home, SAME **ahem** THING!! I'll more than likely return this one and take my money to either Garmin or Apple. You'd think after all this time Fitbit would have fixed this issue by now! I'm so aggravated!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner wrote:

**Fixed autocorrect!!**

So here it is August of 2019 and I'm having this EXACT issue. I just bought the Versa this morning, and after hours of trying to get it to stay connected, I decided to return it thinking it was defected. Get the new one home, SAME **ahem** THING!! I'll more than likely return this one and take my money to either Garmin or Apple. You'd think after all this time Fitbit would have fixed this issue by now! I'm so aggravated!!

Best Answer

Unfortunately this did not work for me. I have tried this and all the other suggestions but still continues to disconnect and looses time on the watch part too... ugh

Best Answer
0 Votes

did all of the above Friday, Sunday, twice Monday, and once today and no such luck. it only worked for a hour today. please help

Best Answer
0 Votes
I reinstalled the fitbit app on my phone

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
0 Votes
I have Powered off and on my phone and powered off And on the versa Fitbit.
I have rebooted each. I have removed the items from Bluetooth and I left
them on and removed the devise from Bluetooth and I left them on. I have
gone to this forum and done everything then said 2, 3 and four times. I am
just not having any luck and frustrated about ready to return it
Best Answer
0 Votes

I haven't been receiving notifications for calls or text for at least 3 weeks.  I tried multiple times to restart both my fitbit and my phone. I adjusted multiple settings on both my fitbit and my phone.  Nothing worked.  Today,  I finally uninstalled and re-installed the app...that didn't work either!  As a last resort, I went into my app and deleted my versa.  Then went through the process of setting up a device to reconnect them.  For now, I seem to have fixed the problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This has happened to me.  If you hold down the left button until a screen pops ups, make sure the notifications button is turned to "ON"

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is what problem I am having. Are you still dealing with it or did you buy another watch?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Versa is still brain-dead and I can't make it update or pair.  I quit trying to work with FitBit (useless) and found that since I bought it on my Costco Visa I have an extra warranty period, so I'm going through the credit card company and getting a full refund, then will be spending it on something that works from a company that dos more than tell you that you need to reset it and ask what type of phone you're using (it worked FINE with this phone until your update broke it for me, and many others).

Best Answer
0 Votes
No, I still have the Versa. Subsequent firmware updates seem to have
fixed the issue, it's quite good now.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I had same problem. I ended up returning it. Hopefully they can fix this so I can get another. Very disappointed 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I am on my 3rd versa since May and I’m extremely disappointed
Best Answer
0 Votes

When you say hold all "3" buttons what do you mean? Is this for Versa 2 as well?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been having the same problem for the last two weeks. It says in the app it’s connected but won’t refresh data says it can’t find the versa to refresh. I have to disconnect etc and then when I do get it reconnected again it takes about 2 minutes to refresh with the upto date data. I’ve literally had enough if it. I git it as an Xmas present and don’t really want to have to ask for the receipt to have it replaced but this is not fit for purpose. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have found that sometimes it is the phone that needs to be refreshed.
Try powering off and restart the phone.

Hope this helps. Stay safe and well!

Marni
Best Answer
0 Votes

Go to Your computer and Press the Windows Key + R Together on the keyboard.
Type ncpa.cpl and press Ok Or You can Go Manually Go to Control Panel >Network And Internet>Network & Sharing Center >change adapter Settings>Select Your Current WiFi Network Adapter
Right Click on it and Go to the Properties.
Once You Reach to the Properties of wireless adapter Please Go to Power Management instead of Driver.
Unchecked the box that says allow the computer to turn Off this device to save power.
save the settings and Exit the Box.

For more visit fix wifi disconnecting 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had this issue (at least with bluetooth and the gps connectivity) on Android, try https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Versa-Smartwatches/Versa-keeps-disconnecting/m-p/4256553/highlight/t...

Best Answer
0 Votes

It seems, what works is to run the app in the morning and leave it running all day in the background.. it eats battery but not as much as it used to.

Leaving it running means i get notifications from email, SMS, WhatsApp, Teams, and any others I choose..

It took an update early 2019 on the android app to get to this stage.

Then the versa firmware update came out later on in the year so I waited a few weeks to see how others got on.

Seeing reports that it broke the connection between  ppl's phones and versa watches, I haven't installed it.

I believe that updates do fix issues, especially any security bugs on firmware or app, but to not be able     to trust the update for fear my versa will cease to work..  my versa has emotional value to me as it was a gift from my partner, it wasn't cheap at the time so I'm not about to willingly break it by installing an update with known issues.

Versa had so much promise, it looked good, changeable straps, said to work on Apple or Android and a fraction cost of the apple watch, only for the software and its Bluetooth connectivity to let it down.. the answer after so many complaints about the same thing? A release of Versa 2.

Best Answer
0 Votes