Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa still too big for small wrists?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I was super excited to hear about the Versa.  But after looking at the size don't think it's going to work out.  My husband has the Blaze and it is huge on me. I have super small wrists and I think this is still going to be too big.  *Sigh*

Best Answer
41 REPLIES 41

Hi @Lea7

I haven't seen a Versa in person yet, but I'd ask that you keep an open mind. I have a very small wrist and I've been wearing an Ionic since it was released. It is LARGE and doesn't work when I'm dressed up, but I've gotten use to size and it's really easy to read. Don't rule out the Versa until you are able to see one and try it on. It may take some getting use to, like the Ionic did for me, but I've been extremely happy I gave it a shot and it's currently my favorite tracker. 🙂

Marci | Bellevue, WA
Best Answer

Thanks for jumping in! @MarciM Woman Happy Glad to hear that Ionic is working out great for you. I think you would also enjoy using Versa. 

@Lea7 Versa will be packaged with a size small wristband, and an additional wristband piece to fit size large. You can check out our sizing chart to see exact measurements of both and print out the handy Versa sizing tool. It's worth trying out and seeing in person if you still have any doubts. Let me know if I can help with anything else! 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

I have very small wrists and wear a Blaze which does stick out a bit but is fine really.

I did have an Ionic which I thought would be much bigger but was actually really comfortable - shame it broke.

So I'm very interested in the Versa as it looks to be inbetween the 2. I found that John Lewis generally have test models you can try on, if you are in the UK.

Best Answer

the slim fit band of the special edition blaze really does make a big difference on a small wrist. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The Ionic is huge on me and I returned it as it stuck out on either side of my wrist, so I understand your disappointment. I just don't know if they can fit all of the features on a smaller screen. The Versa is said to be lighter/thinner but looks just as big to me. I'll check it out when they arrive in stores. 

Best Answer

It looks like the Versa will be narrower than the Blaze and Ionic. While the height measurements look like the Versa will be bigger than the Ionic, you have to remember that is screen size.  I am wearing the Ionic right now and there is a pretty good sized "frame" around the screen. The whole face is much taller than .83, more like 1.25". So hopefully the Versa has less "framing" around the edge making it smaller. 

comparesize.jpg

Best Answer

yeah from trying out the ionic ( went back cause it was gigantically bulky on me) the versa looks better in the videos i saw on youtube 

Best Answer

Thank you @Jrdubyakc for the side by side comparisons of the Ionic, Blaze and Versa along with measurements! The Versa looks a little less bulky. I hope it works out. I'm excited to try it out  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am with @MarciM on this one. I also have a very small wrist and thought the Ionic would look rediculous but it doesnt. So wait till you can actually see one.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

I read that even though the screen is about an inch wide and long that the whole watch is 39mm wide and 39mm long.  Having a skinny wrist I decided to cut a piece of paper 39mm x 39mm and place it on top of my wrist.  It was wider than my wrist!  I'm so disappointed because I really wanted this watch.  I'll stick with my Charge 2.  Grrr.

Best Answer

I think realistically you cant make a smart watch too small or the screen would be useless. It is a trade off between features and size.

Community Council Member

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

I found this picture that clearly shows the differences between the 2 devices

ionicversa.jpg

Best Answer

Thank you for the pic - it makes a difference; ive thought about upgrading from my surge to vlaze and iconic when they first releeased but found them too big looking.....so far in pics and videos I like how feminie friendly the versa looks so I am gonna look at it in person 😛 before making a decision.

Best Answer

Ive has a 38mm Apple Watch ( the small size one) which I thought was a great size. So if this is 39mm, it’s not much of a difference. I felt the 42mm Apple Watch was too big on me. 

Best Answer

Thanks for your response about the sizing chart and tool. I, too, have tiny wrists which measure 130 cm in circumference. The guide lists the band starting at 140 cm. I can try one on when available but a good fit looks pretty doubtful. Is it possible to attach another type of band or adapt the small band in any way? The face of the watch may be too large anyway but I thought I'd ask the question given the appeal of the watch. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

In Amazon there are new bands for the Versa and in some of them you can made more holes to tight it more.

But a 130 cm wrist I don't think it´s a tiny one .....Smiley Indifferent

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes , I agree! 130mm might be a more accurate measurement. Thanks for the info.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm another one with 130mm wrists!

I've tried every fitbit since the first Charge and found them all far, far too large. I'm pre-ordering a Versa and while I think it'll still be larger than I'd like I don't think it'll be too large to use - or at least I'm hoping so! (If the 39mm size is correct it'll be the exact width of my wrist).

The main problem with a lot of them was the legs/strap attachments sticking far out above and below my wrist and the Versa seems to have solved that with much more compact strap attachments.

The second problem is the strap lengths - I currently use a hand-me-down ChargeHR for sleep tracking and have used a punch to add 3 extra holes in (and it's still too large and doesn't look too neat). My brother-in-law has a Charge 2 and we got him a replacement strap in the milanese style which is ideal with no holes to worry about - so it's what I'm going to get for the Versa if it's not too large. The only thing is ordering one that says it's small (5"-7.8" usually).

I hope (for us both!) that overall the Versa is not too large to live with...

Best Answer

@Giampi71 Great picture! Thanks for posting. The Versa looks quite a lot smaller ☺

Community Council Member

Best Answer