Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa totally dead after today's "scheduled maintenance"

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

This afternoon during FitBit's "scheduled maintenance" (which FitBit didn't bother scheduling to, you know - people) my Versa went out of Running mode. Then the screen input wouldn't work. Couldn't do anything with the touch screen, could only hold the back button.

A few hours later the device is utterly dead - black screen, can't reset it, can't factory reset it. Won't turn on, won't display anything.

It had 96% charge before dying.

The "scheduled maintenance" bricked my FitBit...

Honestly, FitBit is a terrible company and I deeply regret giving it money - this is the second time maintenance I didn't know about caused errors on my Versa, but this time it killed it. I don't understand how FitBit can survive building solid products with terrible, terrible software and worse support.

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hi @Cadance, welcome to the Fitbit forums! The behavior of your Versa sounds pretty odd. I'm really sorry to hear about the experience that you are getting with it. So please, in order to help you out, I have escalated your case to our Support team so they can further assist you, so please keep an eye on your inbox. 😉

Let me know how it goes! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

Support team has been useless.

Taking the device back for a refund. It's pretty clear that the Versas have massive fundamental issues and FitBit is circling the drain as a company.

I wanted to love your device, but you made it impossible...

Best Answer
0 Votes

How can you tell if there was "scheduled maintenance"?   Late last week my Versa stopped holding a charge for more than 10 hours and then yesterday it went dead and I can't get it back on, bricked as you say.  Won't charge.  Sadly, I just started the contacting support process.

Best Answer

I bought a Fitbit Versa that died after only 44 days of use. I tried returning it to Target but since it was past the 30 day window, I was not able to. Anyway, contacted Fitbit customer support and after doing all troubleshooting, they ended up sending me a return label to send it back to them. It has been 3 weeks since I sent the Versa back and I haven’t got the replacement. At this point I wish I could get my money back (over $200) but they don’t do refunds.

Sadly, there is something very wrong with this brand. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@eydalvarez wrote:

I bought a Fitbit Versa that died after only 44 days of use. I tried returning it to Target but since it was past the 30 day window, I was not able to. Anyway, contacted Fitbit customer support and after doing all troubleshooting, they ended up sending me a return label to send it back to them. It has been 3 weeks since I sent the Versa back and I haven’t got the replacement. At this point I wish I could get my money back (over $200) but they don’t do refunds.

Sadly, there is something very wrong with this brand. 

Same thing happened to me (except the Target part) and I eventually got my replacement.  It works as its supposed too and glad I waited.  

Best Answer