Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I get a Fitbit Versa?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am still using charge HR. The listed function of versa is appealing. However, I read from the forum that the basic function like Heart rate tracking, sleep stage detection are comment to be not working. I wonder shall I buy it?

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there Versa users, I was reading all your comments and I appreciate all your feedback and input, either if is a good experience or you were having some troubles with other features.

Versa has been well received by the Fitbit Community @i2be, I would suggest to give it a try and if you have more questions feel free to let us know. Rest assure you have our full support in case something is not working for you or you need additional assistance. 

Taking the opportunity, I want to give you a warm welcome @RQJ. I saw you are having troubles with heart rate and sleep tracking. I was happy to reach out to our Support Team and they were able to confirm that they're currently working to reach a resolution with you. I recommend following up with them, I'm sure they will find a solution for you.

@Nothappyjan01 Thank you for giving us insight that need improvement. I would like to hear your feedback. So feel free to visit our Feature Suggestion BoardIf you find that a similar suggestion has already been made by another member of the community, you can vote for their idea and add your comments.

@Jayelo I was reading you are having troubles with SmartTrack. How often is not recording your exercise? What type of exercise are you practicing? For more details, please visit our help article: What should I know about SmartTrack exercise detection?

See you around and stay awesome!

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
53 REPLIES 53

Perfect - no. Bad - certainly not!

Best Answer

I've only had mine not quite 24 hours but I'm having no troubles with mine, love it!

Remember that people coming onto forums are going to often be the ones who are having trouble and looking for solutions, so that may give a bit of a skewed perspective.  And any product will have some units that don't work 100% and need to be escalated.  My husband got an Ionic 2 weeks ago and couldn't get it working even after spending several hours on the phone with customer service.  The unit he got must have just been faulty as he was able to go back to the store to get a replacement and the new one is working perfectly.

Best Answer

I say give it a shot. Mines been working just fine. After resetting because I couldn't add my debit card. Other than that it's been pretty good. Worst case just return the thing .

Best Answer

Wife has the special edition and all good so far. She had the Charge 2, so she was able to compare her usual sleep, steps, stairs items to make sure they were similar.... and they were. She loves the clockfaces and the ability to use our Chase CC on the watch.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Needs improvement 

Best Answer

I’ve had mine for 3 days and it works fine. Only thing that doesn’t work as well as my Flex2 is the automatic recording of exercises but the shortcuts got that covered. Other than that I’m happy I upgraded to the Versa. Give it a chance. Like the person above said, if worse case scenario, just return it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My GF got hers Monday, paired it with a Samsung S8 and hasn't had any of the problems you see on these forums - she loves it.   She uses the HR tracking, step counts, sleep tracking and the workout stuff and it all works fine.  Notifications come in like clockwork, battery life seems good as she's only charged it once this week.  Haven't tried the music yet so can't comment on that.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I really wanted to like the product. I will be taking my second one back today. I've made 2 calls to customer support and have no resolution to heart rate tracking and sleep tracking. I'm extremely dissatisfied.

Best Answer

Is it perfect? No. As everyone has said, the people on the board are the people who are having issues. The ones that aren't having issues, aren't posting. 

My advice is to give it a few days to figure things out. Don't expect it to be perfect and don't expect it to fit your needs immediately out of the box. You'll have to tweak some things and others just seem to disappear after a few days.

If you find the Versa really sucks or it doesn't fit your needs, you can return it.

Alta > Versa > Versa 2 > Sense
Best Answer
0 Votes

My initial experience is a bad one and I am a fan of Fitbit but so far I am disappointed with this product.  Will be taking it back to the store for an exchange to sanity if defective or not

@i2be wrote:

I am still using charge HR. The listed function of versa is appealing. However, I read from the forum that the basic function like Heart rate tracking, sleep stage detection are comment to be not working. I wonder shall I buy it?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I love mine. I’ve had no issues with set up, charging, notifications or anything at all really. I actually wore it during an exercise stress test at the hospital today and the nurses were really impressed with how close the HR readings were to the EKG machine I was wearing at the time. I was on the treadmill and it was within 2-3 beats the whole time. 

Best Answer

I am very happy!  I was usiing an Alta and the Versa has the upgrades I was looking for - I can read it outside...that is big.  It has heart rate.  It has how many steps toward the hourly 250.  I love the Exercise Shortcuts - I call my old lady recumbent bike spinning...my Tai Chi is Yoga...my arm and leg machines are Workout...makes me feel cool!  I love the My Agenda calendar app.  I love the weather app.  I love that it holds music and I can use bluetooth earbuds...I am still waitiing for a chance to use the Fitbit pay...I wish there was a way to totally delete floors and stairs - they are not a part of my life and I hate seeing zeros - I wish there was a cumulative count of steps or miles so I would know how long until the next badge...it has been 2 weeks...I am sure there will be upgrades and new featdures and corrected features in the future but, for now, I am very satisfied.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there Versa users, I was reading all your comments and I appreciate all your feedback and input, either if is a good experience or you were having some troubles with other features.

Versa has been well received by the Fitbit Community @i2be, I would suggest to give it a try and if you have more questions feel free to let us know. Rest assure you have our full support in case something is not working for you or you need additional assistance. 

Taking the opportunity, I want to give you a warm welcome @RQJ. I saw you are having troubles with heart rate and sleep tracking. I was happy to reach out to our Support Team and they were able to confirm that they're currently working to reach a resolution with you. I recommend following up with them, I'm sure they will find a solution for you.

@Nothappyjan01 Thank you for giving us insight that need improvement. I would like to hear your feedback. So feel free to visit our Feature Suggestion BoardIf you find that a similar suggestion has already been made by another member of the community, you can vote for their idea and add your comments.

@Jayelo I was reading you are having troubles with SmartTrack. How often is not recording your exercise? What type of exercise are you practicing? For more details, please visit our help article: What should I know about SmartTrack exercise detection?

See you around and stay awesome!

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Music works great on my Versa. One of the things that sold me on it! I found that you have to be really patient when setting this watch up!

Best Answer
Yes, I found that u need to ensure u have the most recent phone app and have wifi turned on when installing it. That worked well for me.

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy Note5, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I would say you should give it a try. But make sure you get it from local retailers or Amazon. In case you need to return it, you will have your money back sooner. It will be a hassle to get a refund from Fitbit, they just take way too long. 

Best Answer

I've only had my Versa for about three days, but so far the results are consistent with the reading I used to get from my Alta hr or from my flex 2.

I use the Fitbit to help evaluate how healthy my day to day lifestyle is.  It's exercise calculation, active minutes, and calorie counting  abilities are very helpful to me.  I know, like all calorie counts, that Fitbit's scores are more of a guide than a definitive law, I do find the input helpful and close enough to accurate to aid me in reaching my goals.  

I did do some research before purchasing the Versa, to see how it compared to its competitors and it seems to me that everyone is counting health in similar ways with similar numbers when a person wears both for a day.

If I found any of the Versa's readings off, it would be t the stair counter.  I counts stairs when I haven't gone up a step and it doesn't count climbs up and down a 10ft ladder I use at work.  But I've read some about how Fitbit determines stairs climbed and I think most of the readings come from storm fronts and high winds that are common in my area this time of year.

If you're happy with your charge, I don't know that the Versa really does anything new that would improve your experience.  I like the Treasure Trek game available through the Versa's apps and I prefer the ease of the clock face to check in on my results or glance at a text message vs the hr's screen or the flex 2 light system.  

Best Answer

100% yes!

Best Answer

I give it 2 thumbs up.  No problems here. 

Best Answer