Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I get a Fitbit Versa?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am still using charge HR. The listed function of versa is appealing. However, I read from the forum that the basic function like Heart rate tracking, sleep stage detection are comment to be not working. I wonder shall I buy it?

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity.

Best Answer
0 Votes
53 REPLIES 53

I wouldn't. If anything get a used Ionic. The Versa has half the features the Ionic had and they don't even work properly. Battery life is at least 36hrs less. I'd continue but I won't be able to stop, very frustrated and upset with this garbage product Fitbit churned out to try and compete with other brands. All in all I would've been better off with MyFitnessPal and a Rugrats watch set to timer. 

Best Answer
I have an Ionic and my wife has a Versa. We have had no issues with either one as I think is the case with the majority of buyers. It is $200,.$229 with the NFC. Buy it and if it doesnt work for you, return it.  At its low price, why defer to others?

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy Note5, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone
Best Answer

Yes, that’s the majority when looking at reviews because, and stay with me here I know this is a tough concept, companies want to sell products with good ratings. Try looking at CRITICAL reviews for the versa and you’ll see the problems are common and widespread, just not advertised the same way as a five star review.

And cool dude. I never said the Ionic had issues, quite the opposite, I recommended it. It has a longer battery life, more watch faces, more accurate data readings and is sturdier. 

Im deferring the Versa because it’s an obvious cash grab for a half assed product. 2 minutes of research should bring you to this objective conclusion: the only thing the Versa has going for it when compared to other watches in this category, is the fact that it looks almost exactly like an Apple Watch which everyone objectively prefers over Fitbit’s designs. That and the dirt cheap price.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Im sorry u werent able to get it to work as most have. And the level of your anger is surprising given tbat it is only a $200 gadget. Good luck.

Best Answer
Disappointed,not angry.

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

@i2be I had a Charge HR before I got my Versa. I got my Versa two weeks ago and it's working great! Not trying to say that anyone who pre-ordered got a 'bad' Versa, but since it's been a couple of weeks, I think Fitbit has already sent out all their 'bad' ones and seen its problems and resolved them. When the issue with sleep, heart rate, and step counting came out, it never bothered me because I never had any of those issues. The battery life actually went above and beyond for me! It hit 5 days last charge and I check very often, I connect it to my phone for music a lot and for long periods of time, synced it at least twice a day, used Fitbit coach, Tennis, and exercise and it held! When I first got it, I was scared it would look big on my tiny wrist but it doesn't... Looks like Fitbit. The band changing process is a bit hard but switching from a Charge HR to a Versa, I really don't have experience with it. I say buy it and if it doesn't work, you can always return it.

Click Here to Vote for Fitbit Lock for Non-SE Versions!

sarah, usa | versa, charge hr (retired)
Best Answer
0 Votes

We can’t finish setting it up.  It stops in middle and it keeps saying try again. Might return Friday since it won’t set up.  You can email jsnyder5@comcast.net if someone can help.  Best Buy Geek Squad could not set it up.  They said too much Bluetooth in store or we need a. New phone.

Help!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can you return it to Best Buy? My first versa died so I returned to back to Best Buy. Got my replacement and so far so good with the second one.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I could return it and get another one. Did you have to turn off all Bluetooth on all devices to install Versa? Best Buy told me to do this.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

No I didn’t but we don’t use a lot of electronics with Bluetooth. I did unpair it by mistake and it paired up again. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I bet and make the purchase through amazon. Based on my good experience in dealing with Fitbit in the past, I hope Fitbit is able to tackle it even there may be bug.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just get the Apple Watch 1st or 2nd edition - there's literally zero reason to get a Versa when it's battery life is worse than an Apple Watch.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I bet that Fitbit is doing better at the sleeping stages monitoring. It also get SO2 sensor. Better resting HR monitoring. But I admitted that It is gambling

Best Answer
0 Votes
My boyfriend is happy with his Versa.  He just wanted the fitness part, not the bells and whistles or expense of an Apple watch.  Battery 3 to 4 days is ok.

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer

I honestly think that you should consider a different product.

I bought a Fitbit Versa on May 3, 2018. It worked fine until May 21st (less than 2 weeks).

On May 21st, the screen just turned totally black and stopped working.  I tried restarting and it did nothing. 

When I contacted customer support they would not take my word for it that I correctly performed a re-start and required me to send them a video, demonstrating the technique that I used in order to perform the re-start. 

Once they decided that I wasn't completely incompetent, they emailed me a return label and told me that I had to drop if off at a Fex-Ex location. When they receive the broken Versa, they would send me a new one.

I mailed the fitbit using their FedEx label on May 23rd. They still have not received it. They say that according to the tracking number, they will receive it on May 31st. 

Once they receive it, they will get around to sending me a new one after another 5-7 business days.

So, I paid over $200.00(with taxes) for a Fitbit that worked two weeks and will be without a working Fitbit for at least two weeks.

I seriously recommend that you take the advice that I should have listened to...and get yourself an apple watch.

Best Answer

How is your problem solved finally? How many replacement units you tried?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I buy through Best Buy.  They make things right. So far the Versa is working great for my boyfriend.

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Like I said....I’m still waiting for them to send me my replacement. This
is my first replacement so far. I’m just irritated first of all by having
to prove myself with a video....and then having to wait so long for a
replacement.
In my opinion, they should have sent me a new one immediately considering
the price tag and how fast it broke.
The Versa is useless unless it is synched with the Fitbit app. They should
just remotely disable the original if they are concerned with me trying to
scam them.
Best Answer
0 Votes
You choose to keep responding.

Best Answer

If you use an iPhone, I’d say be wary - my Versa (brand new as of last week) hasn’t even been able to get past the initial stages of setup until yesterday, and now the issue is that the device refuses to sync. However, my friend who has a functioning Versa loves it and all it’s capabilities. It’s also a cute watch.

Best Answer
0 Votes