Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does the charger look like?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Last couple of days alot has been said and revealed about the Versa and I like the watch very much. Would have liked GPS (still need that phone or old runningwatch) 😉 But a definitive buy anyway.

But more to the point of the topic title:

What does the AC charger of the Versa look like? Does anyone have pictures of it attached to the Versa?

Versa | Charge 2 | Moto G4
Best Answer
0 Votes
36 REPLIES 36

Yes, TP chargers are an option. It’s just my “electronics bag” becomes bigger and bigger. For Apple stuff; one puck for the watches, one lead for two phones, two iPads, one iPod. One micro usb and one usb-c for just about everything else, including cameras, drones, Android phone, BT speakers. Then comes Fitbit stuff for the family and that’s four different charging solutions, taking up almost more room than everything else. Daft.

Best Answer

I wish when they bought pebble they had brought over the charger design, magnets on either side of the pogo pins. I got a nice third part charger stand for my watch that sits on my work desk and i use it as a phone holder when my watch isn't charging

But i couldn't agree more they really should standardize a connector and use it across all products, it would make much more sense

Best Answer
0 Votes

A couple of images of the Versa connected to the charger.

Screenshot_2018-03-19-13-57-09.png

Screenshot_2018-03-19-13-57-03.png

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

@N8teGeewrote:

A couple of images of the Versa connected to the charger.

Screenshot_2018-03-19-13-57-09.png

Screenshot_2018-03-19-13-57-03.png

So it's like someone else said, kinda like a cross between the Blaze and Alta chargers.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This looks FAR better than the Ionic charger.  I'm no fan of the Ionic charger, at all.  This is far more "dock" like.  Two thumbs up.

Best Answer
0 Votes

You can see the charger in action here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyC71eo9dmc

Best Answer

Thanks for the link to the video.  Much appreciated.

Best Answer
0 Votes

the magnet pins look close to the ionic, I wonder if you can use the ionic charger with the versa, 

this would suck to have different chargers.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@gibbyhomewrote:

the magnet pins look close to the ionic, I wonder if you can use the ionic charger with the versa, 

this would suck to have different chargers.

Unfortunately the designs are different. The Ionic uses 3 pins, whereas the Versa has 4.

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Best Answer

Hahaha, I like the image of a team of people thinking about a new design every day 🙂

But I absolutely agree, it's like going back to the early days of mobile phones.

Nowadays I carry a micro usb cable (ok, for my new phone an extra usb c cable) and then an extra cable for my fitbit, another cradle like thing for my wife's fitbit and now another one.

For my current fitbit I ended up buying 2 extra cables: one for at the other floor (ok, you can call that lazy) and one for in my work-bag.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have we confirmed that you can change the Versa while the band is attached? Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I like the blaze design because you have the whole watch in the little square, having access to multiple fashion styles for the holder and strap. Also, removing the square takes 2 seconds and charging dock secures the watch inside, so a good connection is assured.

Best Answer
0 Votes

You can charge it with the band on, but I find it very awkward. The charger itself is light, so tends to flip over easily, and the “top” band (with the buckle) is trying to occupy the same space as the cord coming out of the charger. Very poor design. 

I have seen an aftermarket charger that holds the Versa perpendicular to the surface the charger is on, so the watch face is facing you, but sideways. Might be better? Not sure. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I really like the Versa charger,  You push gently on the sides, the top walls expand and you plunk the device down making sure its pins match the charger's pins.  Yes, you can keep the band on and a glass screen protector offers no problems.  If you want to use a protective bumper, one company sells them on Amazon with a charger modified so that you can charge with the bumper on.  This charger is a real improvement from, let's say, the Alta charger, which I found almost impossible to seat correctly.

Basic (disintegrated), Ultra, One, Surge (returned), Flex, Charge, Alta, Charge 2, iPhone 7 Plus, Macbook Pro, iPad Pro.
Best Answer
0 Votes

My fitbit versa is not charging"not enough power source"appears in the screen eventhough i plug it inthe wall outlet.now my versa's battery is ZERO.

Is there any help or tips.just bought it last month.tnx

Best Answer
0 Votes

@GnarbiTifa wrote:

My fitbit versa is not charging"not enough power source"appears in the screen eventhough i plug it inthe wall outlet.now my versa's battery is ZERO.

Is there any help or tips.just bought it last month.tnx

Have you tried a different USB brick? 

Also it wouldn't hurt giving your Versa a restart (Press and hold the left button and bottom right button together for 15 secs). 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Best Answer

@N8teGee wrote:

@datalorewrote:

@SunsetRunnerwrote:

It really baffles and bugs me why Fitbit has to come up with so many different charger designs. I’m fed up with the myriad of chargers I have from this company. They must have a team who’s sole purpose is to come up with another weird, wacky and unique design. There is no logic in today’s society where we’re trying to standardise as much as possible to save resources. Even Apple has the same charger across multiple iterations (though yes they do occasionally change). But I’m still using the same puck for my v3 as I had on my v1 Apple Watch.

I couldn't agree more. There really is no reason fitbit can't standardize the chargers for their smartwatches. I like the versa and will pick one up, but that charger just looks goofy. They could have used the ionic charger as a template the same way apple charges iphones and ipads with the lightning charger. 

Thankfully the 3rd party market usually has some good solutions. I have a nice cradle for my Blaze that doesn't require the pebble/strap to be removed to charge. Also there are some very nice solutions for the Ionic, so I can imagine the same should apply to the Versa.

Obviously this doesn't address the wastefulness of different charging connections, but it at least fixes some of the terrible OEM designs. 

A moderator wrote this on a similar forum. Comments are closed but still make sure to vote up so that they might make the next fitbit universal to charge.

"I know that it would be great to have an universal charging cable for all Fitbit trackers. Unfortunately, there are not current plans to release something like this. You can take a look at the A universal charging cable for all fitbit trackers request, vote for it and leave your comment."

Best Answer
0 Votes