Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Bike" activity not registering properly

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Whenever I select "bike" (real bike riding outside), the Versa shows "connecting" on the screen, but never changes. The Versa will show calorie activity, but never miles. My Android 7.0 phone recognizes "Versa" in Bluetooth and shows it as 'paired", but if I select it (Versa) from the Android Bluetooth menu, unlike all the other Bluetooth accessories which are paired and will say "connecting", the Versa does nothing. What am I doing wrong? Sorry for any confusion, but as my screen name implies, I'm new to the Fitbit world.

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

@newbiecathy  Ok, I understand that you are using the Exercise shortcut Bike and trying to use the Connected GPS feature within Bike.  First, did you touch the little gear icon in Bike on your Versa and enable the Connected GPS?  Also, your location services need to be ON in your phone.  My suggestion is that you close all other apps running on your phone but leave open the Fitbit app and, if you want, something to listen to.  Do a sync so that you know the connection between your Versa and phone is fresh and connected.  Start the Bike Exercise by touching the Bike screen and then try to wait for "connected" to show before you start your bike ride.  At the top of the Versa screen it should show your accumulated milage.  However, sometime it will say "connecting" as it tries to re-establish a connection between the Versa and phone.

All that said, Bike seems to be the worst about behaving for Connected GPS.  Disconnects, poor milage calculations causing incorrectly calculated stats are the bulk of the problems.  I've wondered if it has to do with the Refresh or Sampling rate between the Versa and the Phone and the speed with which you are traveling.  Frequent disconnects and fast speed seem to result in lots of dropped distance.  I have no issues using it for Walk or Run but many, many other here will report that it rarely works for them regardless of the Exercise shortcut chosen.  Good Luck and let us know how you fare.

Kathy | USA
Versa SE, Charge 2, Samsung Galaxy S10+
Best Answer
Thanks for the detailed reply. I never get a "connected"Notice. It always says "connecting" but never does  connect. My gps is always on. Also, when i try to connect with bluetooth, unlike with my other devices, my versa will not say "connecting". It just sits there.The odd thing is that my stats for biking do appear to be recorded, as i can look them up from my dashboard. Weird. Other activities are good.Will keep trying. I may call the firbit number and see if they can help.Cathy

Sent from my Galaxy Tab A
Best Answer

I have tried all of the suggested ways to get the Versa to use the Phone for GPS, none actually work. Even when the screen on the Versa stops showing "connecting", the Versa never gets GPS tracking / distance data from the phone. VERY AGGRAVATING!!

Best Answer

I have also spend countless hours trying to get the Fitbit Versa to track distance and speed while biking. I have even carried an extra smartphone with location on and registered. I even have two different mobile networks and both work great. Basically it comes down to this, it tracks steps and heart rate. Calories are not accurate. Speed, distance or anything GPS related is non existent. Seriously thinking about returning mine. Very disappointed. 

Best Answer

I just started using a new Versa and I have the exact problem!  No stats recorded except time and heart rate, no distance, speed or anything?  My Runkeeper app has no problems connecting. What is the issue?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Had the similar problem.

The solution is to make sure that Fitbit app has access allowed all the time. This is setup from the setting location function.

Best Answer
0 Votes