Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

403 Forbidden error

Hi All,

I am trying to connect to FITBIT using OAUTH Provider 2.0 from a web application and i am doing a REST call.

I am getting the 403 error and here are the error details:

RAW MESSAGE: 

{"errors":[{"errorType":"insufficient_scope","message":"This application does not have permission to access profile data. Visit https://dev.fitbit.com/docs/oauth2 for more information on the Fitbit Web API authorization process."}],"success":false} 

Status Message: 

the HTTP response code of 403 indicated a client error. The response data may contain a reason. 

Status Value :

Neutral: HTTP response code not within 200 range 

Please do help me on this regard as i tried to debug this many ways but still ending up with the same response code.

I am trying with these 2 grant codes from my system

Grant types
Client credentials
Authorization code
Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

@Krish123 Insufficient scope means the user did not grant the scopes required (profile scope in this case) that you would need in order to fetch that data.

Andrew | Community Moderator, Fitbit

What motivates you?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @AndrewFitbit I'm having the same issue with an android application. I'm trying to fetch heartrate data but I get an insufficient scope  error for profile data even though I approved permission for heart rate data

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Brainuso, would you please send me the API call you're executing that's returning an error, and provide me with the exact error message you're receiving?

Thanks!

Gordon Crenshaw
Senior Technical Solutions Consultant
Fitbit Partner Engineering & Web API Support | Google
Best Answer
0 Votes