Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

500 Internal Server Error when creating a new alarm

Trying to set an alarm via:

https://api.fitbit.com/1/user/-/devices/tracker/xxx/alarms.json

I first tried sending json data using 'Content-Type application/json' header, but I kept getting validation errors that required fields were not passed.

Then I switched to 'multipart/form-data' and that first worked with some validation error, then just started throwing 500 all the time.

Has anyone been able to create alarms for devices via the API?

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Just tried using the Fitbit API console that emulates hitting the API - same thing, once validation errors are taken care of, I'm getting 500 error.

Best Answer

The first thing you need to know about an "Internal Server Error" is that the error can only be resolved by fixes to the Web server software. It is not a client-side problem meaning that the problem is not with our plugin. This is a 'catch-all' error generated by the Web server. Basically something has gone wrong, but the server can not be more specific about the error condition in its response to the client. In addition to the 500 error notified back to the client, the Web server should generate some kind of internal error log which gives more details of what went wrong. It is up to the operators of the Web server site to locate and analyse the logs which should give further information about the error.

Best Answer
0 Votes