Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ability to retrieve total step count since a specific point in time

ANSWERED

Hi,

I'm writing a small game where the user steps are a resource. I need to retrieve all steps since i last checked for that user. I can get day by day stats, but thats not exactly what i need. I need to say (how many steps has the user done since 11:35 on the 27 november 2017. I then save locally when i last checked his steps, so that i can get the right time period for when i check the next time.

I think there is the timeline feature that partially does what i need, but thats reserved for some special rights applications. Which i can understand. But i don't need the detailed stats, only a total stepcount for a period of time, starting in the past going to now. Is this possible?

The closest i can to that is the activities API, but that only returns "actual" activities, not the total step count.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I suspect you'll need Get Activity Intraday Time Series, which I linked above. You may need to make multiple requests to span multiple days.

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

You may need to use the web API. It won't be easy, will only work if the watch has been synced after the time for which you need data, and will require internet access.

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes thats why i posted in the web api forum. I do use the web api, its all setup. I just can't find the correct endpoint to get the data i need.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I suspect you'll need Get Activity Intraday Time Series, which I linked above. You may need to make multiple requests to span multiple days.

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software
Best Answer
0 Votes

While not ideal, because it means i have to ask for special access, i hope that those requests are granted quite fast.

Best Answer
0 Votes