Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accelerometer Raw Data-Charge HR

Hi all,

I am goanna use Fitbit Charge HR for my research project. I need to work on raw accelerometer signals (without  filtering or algorithms). seem that it would be possibly by using Fitbit API. I am wondering if API is available for all models of Fitbit like Charge HR??

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hi all,

I am goanna use Fitbit Charge HR for my research project. I need to work on raw accelerometer signals (without  filtering or algorithms). seem that it would be possibly by using Fitbit API. I am wondering if API is available for all models of Fitbit like Charge HR??

Best Answer
0 Votes

The relevant API doesn't apply to Charge HR. There's no way to get accelerometer data from Charge.

To get accelerometer data, you need some version of Versa, Ionic or Sense. Even then, I don't think you get 'raw' accelerometer signals (which would, I think, be voltages).

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks Gondwana. With Ionic or sense, will I access to data showing acceleration in x,y,z axis? like what has been explained here??

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes.

Be warned that getting accelerometer data from the watch to anywhere else isn't easy. Make sure you're confident that you'll be able to do so (if you need to) before spending any money!

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you @Gondwana for answering.   An additional note, the accelerometer data is only available through the Device SDK, which is why it's only available with the Ionic, Versa and Sense.  The Web APIs do not provide this data set.   

Gordon Crenshaw
Senior Technical Solutions Consultant
Fitbit Partner Engineering & Web API Support | Google
Best Answer
0 Votes