Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access to minute and second-level data (intraday time series)

ANSWERED

Hi, we are a startup leveraging detailed activity profile data to evaluate the risk to be diagnosed for most medical conditions but also to generate daily prevention plans according to the key health prevention opportunities. We manage to get the data from my personal account without a problem but we need approval from Fitbit to use it for our users. We requested it 3 weeks ago with no feedback: Case (#29180753). Anything we can do? Thanks for your support

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @EtienneBourdon,

The other forum post you referenced, https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Web-API-Development/Invalid-Client-Error/td-p/3290376, is actually a bug in the python library which is not something Fitbit maintains.  Therefore, I'd recommend you reach out to the developer for help.

What I can do is help confirm everything else is setup correctly.  Have you tried running the OAuth 2.0 Tutorial to see if your application configuration is correct? 

OAuth 2.0 Tutorial - Access Point.png

If you have, the callback URL specified in your application needs to be the same as the callback URL described in dev.fitbit.com.

Gordon Crenshaw
Senior Technical Solutions Consultant
Fitbit Partner Engineering & Web API Support | Google

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

Hi @EtienneBourdon ,

Thank you for providing your case number.  I'll investigate the status of your intraday request and post an update through the case.

Gordon

Gordon Crenshaw
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi

I have also requested access to Intraday time series data over a week ago with no response. Case (#29497071). Is it possible to get an update on the status of this request?

Yumuuv

Best Answer
0 Votes

hi Gordon and the team... I have still no feedback on my request.. can you check again ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Yumuuv 

Thank you for sending the case number.  I'll reply to your request through the case you created.

Gordon Crenshaw
Best Answer
0 Votes

@EtienneBourdon 

I replied to your request earlier today.  Let us know if you have further questions.

Gordon Crenshaw
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks again Gordon, this seems to be moving forward! Now we are running into another issue (see https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Web-API-Development/Invalid-Client-Error/td-p/3290376) and downgrading the python libraries did not solve it. 

We are trying to fetch data for testing purpose first in Python, before pushing into our code. 

We have OAuth 2.0 Application Type in settings set up to "server".

Our python libraries are

- oauthlib==2.1.0
- requests-oauthlib==1.1.0
- fitbit==0.3.0

The result remains an error message such as in the initial post. 

Any Idea ???

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks again Gordon, this seems to be moving forward!

Now we are running into another issue (see https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Web-API-Development/Invalid-Client-Error/td-p/3290376) and downgrading the python libraries did not solve it. 

We are trying to fetch data for testing purpose first in Python, before pushing into our code. 

We have OAuth 2.0 Application Type in settings set up to "server".

Our python libraries are

- oauthlib==2.1.0
- requests-oauthlib==1.1.0
- fitbit==0.3.0

The result remains an error message such as in the linked post a few lines above. 

Any Idea ???

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @EtienneBourdon,

The other forum post you referenced, https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Web-API-Development/Invalid-Client-Error/td-p/3290376, is actually a bug in the python library which is not something Fitbit maintains.  Therefore, I'd recommend you reach out to the developer for help.

What I can do is help confirm everything else is setup correctly.  Have you tried running the OAuth 2.0 Tutorial to see if your application configuration is correct? 

OAuth 2.0 Tutorial - Access Point.png

If you have, the callback URL specified in your application needs to be the same as the callback URL described in dev.fitbit.com.

Gordon Crenshaw
Best Answer