Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activities manually entered with "activity record" don't show up in Get Activity Log List JSON

I have discovered if someone manually logs an activity by clicking on the "activity record" button, that activity isn't in the JSON file when I get Activity Log List.

RichUchytil_0-1664304039270.png

If I use one of the four "Common activities" to manually log an activity, the activity DOES appear in the JSON file.

Why isn't the "activity record" activity in the JSON?

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Hi @RichUchytil 

Thank you for reporting this problem.   Let me research it and report back.

Gordon

Gordon Crenshaw
Senior Technical Solutions Consultant
Fitbit Partner Engineering & Web API Support | Google
Best Answer
0 Votes

Great, thanks very much!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @RichUchytil 

I was able to get some information for you.   We believe the "activity record" button is the original method of manually logging activities.   The data is stored so the exercise is only visible to the user in their "Activity History" section of the web dashboard.   The search bar is identical with the mobile applications manual logging functionality.  The exercise is visible everywhere (mobile app, web dashboard, public web api).  The exercise can either be a predefined one (Walk, Run, Swim, etc) or one from the user custom created list (which can be created in the same search bar). 

I hope this helps.

Gordon

Gordon Crenshaw
Best Answer
0 Votes

Is there any way to get that activity data via the "Get Activity Log List" api?  Right now it's not in the resulting JSON.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unfortunately, no.  The data logged using the "activity record" button is not available through an external API.   

Gordon Crenshaw
Best Answer
0 Votes

Bummer, but thanks for letting me know.  Any chance I could put in an enhancement request to have that be available?  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, I have an enhancement to address this problem.   

Gordon Crenshaw
Best Answer
0 Votes