Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Always revoke when i need to force the Fitbit authentication or the OAuth 2.0 authorization page.

My ios application has a feature that can sign in many fitbit user to fetch data simultaneously ( for many relatives ). But when i force the fitbit authenticaion by add prompt=login+consent in endpoint, it always forces to revoke previous token (caching token in cookies) and i can not remove cookies from safari. So, i can not get many user unless clear cookies in safari settings.
Have any solution for my case to not force revoking token?
Thanks in advance.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi @marcobui92 

I'm curious about the process you're following to obtain the tokens.   What is the reason for logging into everyone's account on a single iOS device?  I'm assuming everyone has their own Fitbit mobile device running the Fitbit mobile application to sync their data.   If that's the case, once the user's consent once to share their data with your application, you shouldn't need to log into their accounts.

The documentation for the authorize endpoint states you need to use the URL encoded value of the space between "login" and "consent".   Have you tried this instead of the + sign?   The parameter would look like "prompt=login%20consent".

Gordon

Gordon Crenshaw
Senior Technical Solutions Consultant
Fitbit Partner Engineering & Web API Support | Google
Best Answer
0 Votes