Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App not listed on user's profile despite having user authorize app.

Hi. My Python application is consuming the Fitbit API. In order to get the data, I'm redirecting the user from the app to the fitbit authorization page and receiving the code from there which I exchange for a token. On checking the user's profile on fitbit however,  my app is not on the list of applications the user has authorized to access their data. Kindly advise on possible reasons for this.

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

This should not be possible. Are you 100% certain that the account that authorized your app is the account you're signed in to? Also keep in mind that until a 'code' is exchanged for an access token, the authorization is not considered complete.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello Jeremiah. Thank you for your reply. Yes, it is the same account I'm using to authorize the app and I do make a request for and get a token with the code. Could it be due to the application uri being localhost in the application settings on Fitbit?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ryanm007 As Jeremiah pointed out, that's not possible. Once you complete authorization, the app will be listed under "My Applications" in your dashboard settings.

What's the user ID you're using when authorizing your app?

Andrew | Community Moderator, Fitbit

What motivates you?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello Andrew. The ID of the app is 2283MF

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ryanm007 Thanks, but I'll need the user ID of the user you're logged in as when you're authorizing your app. To find that, do the following:

1. Go to your fitbit.com dashboard

2. Click on your profile picture in the upper right corner

3. Check the URL to see what's after "user/"; this is your user ID

What motivates you?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey. Sorry. The ID of the user authorizing the app(me) is 5F4872.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ryanm007 Thanks, I sent you a PM.

What motivates you?

Best Answer
0 Votes