Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto detect activities

ANSWERED

From the "Get All Activity Types" API, I see that there are 500+ activities in the list, such as:
(category 4) "Leisure and inactivity" -> (activity 7010) "Lying quietly and watching television"
(category 6) "Miscellaneous" --> (activity 9030) "Sitting - reading, book, newspaper, etc."

However, using the "Get Activity Log List" API to get my own activity log, all activities in the data belong to the same type: 90013 "Walk". I am wondering how I can let Fitbit (Inspire 3) auto detect and log other types of activities, including lying and setting. Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @new_developer 

Only a limited number of activities are auto-detected by the devices.   Looking at this help article, I see the activities the Fitbit devices track automatically are walk, run, outdoor bike, elliptical, sports, aerobic workout and swimming.  Note, only certain devices track swimming.

Gordon Crenshaw
Senior Technical Solutions Consultant
Fitbit Partner Engineering & Web API Support | Google

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @new_developer 

Only a limited number of activities are auto-detected by the devices.   Looking at this help article, I see the activities the Fitbit devices track automatically are walk, run, outdoor bike, elliptical, sports, aerobic workout and swimming.  Note, only certain devices track swimming.

Gordon Crenshaw
Senior Technical Solutions Consultant
Fitbit Partner Engineering & Web API Support | Google
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Gordon, thank you for the answer!

Best Answer
0 Votes