Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Availability of new restingHeartRate

ANSWERED

For my app I am just interested in extracting the restingHeartRate for each day that it is available and as soon as it is available.

Am I right in understanding that there is just one unique restingHeartRate available for each day?

Assuming a user is continuously wearing a Fitbit, when does a new restingHeartRate become available for a particular day? Or does it only become available after midnight ie on the next day?

I would like to avoid making a request in response to an activities notification every 15 minutes if there is no new restingHeartRate available for that day.

Regards

Paul

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Paul_Donnelly 

Resting heart rate is the number of times your heart beats per minute when you’re still and well-rested.   This is typically determined while a user is sleeping.   Querying the restingHeartRate value each morning after the user wakes up should be the ideal time.

Gordon Crenshaw
Senior Technical Solutions Consultant
Fitbit Partner Engineering & Web API Support | Google

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

Hi @Paul_Donnelly 

Resting heart rate is the number of times your heart beats per minute when you’re still and well-rested.   This is typically determined while a user is sleeping.   Querying the restingHeartRate value each morning after the user wakes up should be the ideal time.

Gordon Crenshaw
Senior Technical Solutions Consultant
Fitbit Partner Engineering & Web API Support | Google
Best Answer