Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery Percentage API

Hey,

Now that we can see battery percentage on the Charge 2 is there any chance of returning this from the device endpoint instead of Empty, Low, Medium or High.

Thanks.

See advanced Fitbit statistics and leaderboards at - https://bitstats.net
Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

@Bonxy That's the battery indicator, it won't have a percentage. Battery percent is not returned in the device endpoint; only empty, low, medium, or high.

Andrew | Community Moderator, Fitbit

What motivates you?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I know its the battery indicator. But you must be getting them levels back when it syncs.

Thought you might have changed it to the percentage number at some point.

See advanced Fitbit statistics and leaderboards at - https://bitstats.net
Best Answer
0 Votes

they can definitely see battery %. I had a problem with mine, and helpdesk was able to confirm it was stuck at 90%.

Best Answer
0 Votes

agree - here's what my Alta reports via the API:

{
 'features': [],
 'battery': 'High',
 'lastSyncTime': '2018-03-22T11:26:21.000',
 'mac': '1234567890AB',
 'batteryLevel': 100,
 'type': 'TRACKER',
 'id': '123456789',
 'deviceVersion': 'Alta'
}
Best Answer
0 Votes

so if the % is returned by the API, then there's a potential business opportunity here for someone with the right skills ... a standalone android widget that just displays Fitbit battery % !!

Best Answer
0 Votes

remember it's the data as of your last sync - so if your fitbit doesn't synch automatically (like most people, it seems) the data is old and possibly invalid.

Best Answer
0 Votes

fine by me .... better than nothing ... the battery symbol ( empty, low, medium, high ) in the app is only as relevant as the last sync anyway ... only today my battery was medium 1st thing this morning, and when I synced in the afternoon ( I don't autosync to save battery ) it went down to low ... I'd have much rather seen that it went from 28% down to 21% ... I'm guessing that low is <25% .. medium is 25 to 75 and full is > 75% ... so showing the full symbol for 2 days running is misleading in itself!!

Best Answer
0 Votes