Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I collect step only from auto input?

Can I collect step only from auto input?

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hi @datphung,

Welcome to the forums!

I'm not quite sure I understand what you're asking. Can you please provide me with more details or an example of the type of step data you are trying to collect?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @JohnFitbit 

Could you tell me, is there a way to know if the step has been entered manually or if the activity was an activity that was recorded live from sensors and added to Fitbit?

Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @datphung 

The Get Activity Log List endpoint can tell you the source of the recorded activity whether it is from the tracker, auto_detected, manually entered or from a 3rd party app.   The response will display the logType (the source of the activity) and the steps (number of steps taken during the activity) elements.  There is an example in the documentation link I provided.

Gordon

Gordon Crenshaw
Senior Technical Solutions Consultant
Fitbit Partner Engineering & Web API Support | Google
Best Answer
0 Votes

So if I don't want to collect data inputed by manual, I will collect data if logType != manutal

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @datphung 

There may be some manual activities recorded that are legitimate where step count is not manually entered. You'll want to decide what is appropriate for you solution.   

If you want to restrict manually entered steps, then there are 2 options

• Use Get Activity Log List endpoint and remove those entries where logType = manual and manualValuesSpecified:steps = true

Screen Shot 2020-03-17 at 9.14.19 AM.png

•  Use the Activity Tracker time series endpoints to query the steps recorded by the tracker only.  See Activity Time Series and look for information on /activities/tracker

However, if you want to restrict all manual activities, then use the Get Activity Log List endpoint and collect data if logType != manual.

Gordon

Gordon Crenshaw
Senior Technical Solutions Consultant
Fitbit Partner Engineering & Web API Support | Google
Best Answer