Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Subscriber URL & Callback URL on live endpoint

ANSWERED

I have a live web app which is synchronizing Fitbit data using OAuth2 and the Fitbit API. Currently, I have many active users who already registered their device with my web app and I am getting their device data through Fitbit API.

I now need to change the callback URL and the subscriber endpoint for the Fitbit API. I am concerned that it will affect the already registered users on my web app, and perhaps they'll need to reauthorize my web app to get their device data. 

If I change the callback URL and subscriber endpoint on a live app, will it have any affect on my existing users?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @wli,

From the testing I have done, changing your callback URL and subscription URL will not revoke the token for your users.  Therefore, your users should still be authorized to use your application.  When changing the subscription URL, you will need to reverify the subscriberID.  

Gordon Crenshaw
Senior Technical Solutions Consultant
Fitbit Partner Engineering & Web API Support | Google

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi @wli,

From the testing I have done, changing your callback URL and subscription URL will not revoke the token for your users.  Therefore, your users should still be authorized to use your application.  When changing the subscription URL, you will need to reverify the subscriberID.  

Gordon Crenshaw
Senior Technical Solutions Consultant
Fitbit Partner Engineering & Web API Support | Google
Best Answer
0 Votes