Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client Secrets Not Being Generated for Newly Registered Apps

ANSWERED

We've identified a bug on the Fitbit side that prevents developers from seeing the client secret when they register a new application on https://dev.fitbit.com.

We've identified the issue on our side and we're currently working on a fix. Let us know if this is blocking you and we can work with you to get you back on track.

Best Answer
44 REPLIES 44

Just wanted to note this still seems to be an issue as I just created an app today and it is not yet generating a client secret - will check again in 4 hours to see if resolved or still a problem

Best Answer
0 Votes

We are stuck as well registered an app and cannot see the client secret.  Glad I came to the forum to see that it was not just us.

Best Answer
0 Votes

And now we've got a client secret - seems the present solution just takes a while to propagate? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Having issue getting the Client Secret key

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I have just registered a new app and I'm also experiencing this problem of Client Secret being blank.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi. I created a new application a few hours ago and also not seeing the Client Secret. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This has happened to me too. I am in need of a client secret generated please.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Got my Client Secret now, not sure if it appeared after a delay or there were some manual activities in the background.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I registered a new app several hours ago and still have a blank Client Secret. Any close to getting this resolved?

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is still an issue, I did not get secret key. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here: No Client Secret. Could you please be so kind to provide one?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just make developer account for fitbit. and after registering app my client secret was blank

Best Answer
0 Votes

i just made fit bit developer account. after registering an app my client secret was blank.!!?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine became visible today after many days.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, Just curious after how many days did Client Secrets show up?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Still waiting for my secret. You said every 4th hour 😮

Been 8 hours now.

I have understanding for the trouble. But if you have the possibility to assign one it would be appreciated

Cheers. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I added two apps on the 21st of January and the secret appeared on the
24th. Prevoiusly when I had used this service it was instant.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Okay today I have gotten my secret.

Not sure if it was done manually or not.

But thanks 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Registered an app earlier today, no secret found.

Please help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, 

Is there a workaround for this? I have created two applications today and I am still waiting to be able to see the Client Secret.

Please help.

Best Answer
0 Votes