Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collecting data from fitbit device

I am not very experienced with using web API. Could someone please guide me to a tutorial or guide for extracting raw data from fitbit device? Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hi @mohdk1992 - it depends what you want in the way of data.

You can extract past data for analysis from your web profile, export data function if you don't need real time data.

Your post is moved to the web API forum to get a better response.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @mohdk1992 

I'd recommend you start by reading the Getting Started section of the Developer Guide.  Also, we have sample code available that you can download or review.    If you have specific questions, please let us know.

Gordon

Gordon Crenshaw
Senior Technical Solutions Consultant
Fitbit Partner Engineering & Web API Support | Google
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Guy_  thank you for your reply.

I need the data to use it in training a behavioral model. I will be using Python.  I don't necessarily need the data in real-time. I have been trying to find a simple guide that uses python with fitbit but still no success.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @GordonFitbit  Thank you for your reply.

I did check both links for the guide and sample code. The sample code for python is from 2016 and I was not able to make it work.

I need the data to use it in training a behavioral model. I will be using Python. I don't necessarily need the data in real-time. I have been trying to find a simple guide that uses python with fitbit but still no success.

Would you recommend me using a different language or method? Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @mohdk1992 

Some of the examples are old and I haven't tested everyone.   I'm not familiar with python, but I do know some people have used the orca example successfully.   I can't say if you should use a different language.  What I can tell you is the Google Sheets, Go and Scribe Java examples are the newest code samples uploaded to the site and they were all posted within the last year.   From personal experience, the Scribe Java and Google Sheets example were easy to set up.

Gordon

Gordon Crenshaw
Senior Technical Solutions Consultant
Fitbit Partner Engineering & Web API Support | Google
Best Answer
0 Votes